Non-motoring > TV problem Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 14

TV problem - Bobby
My 8 year old Panasonic plasma TV seems to have developed a fault.
Virgin box is plugged into HDMI1.
Every so often the things seems to jump from hdmi1 to one of the other sources randomly, either the tv aerial input, or DVD, or firestick.
Due to a separate issue I am now on a third virgin box and it still happens.
I have changed the hdmi cable and it still happens.
Any logical reason for this other than it being "goosed"? I have now changed the tv and put my sons in its place to see if it still happens. If not I guess that definitely points to it being the third.

Incidentally at xmas I single handedly hung a 43"LCD TV on my daughters wall. It took two of us to lift this 42" plasma of the TVs unit!!
 TV problem - sherlock47
Are you sure that the remote is not lost down the back of the sofa? Changes channel every time you move?
 TV problem - Zero
Been there, done that,
 TV problem - R.P.
That was my first thought. I used to tease a much loved (now deceased) neighbour with my Sky remote from his back garden wall...
 TV problem - zippy
Faulty HMDI 1?

Try the device in another socket?
 TV problem - zippy
Also, could be one of the other devices sending a wake up call to the TV. Try unplugging them and re-seating them firmly, swapping them around etc.

My Fire stick wasn't plugged in properly and every time the charger moved it would switch the TV to that channel.
 TV problem - Bobby
It's definitely not the remotes being pressed.
I thought of that and put them on the unit in front of tv.
Same issue happens no matter which hdmi socket I plug the cable into.

See what difference swapping the TVs round will make.
Maybe there's a bit of man maths calculations going on here for a new TV...
 TV problem - legacylad
Talking of which.... I recently gave my old Mum my 11yo 37" Toshiba, in exchange for her 32".... failing eyesight so helps her to read subtitles on game shows.
Whilst killing time in Leeds recently waiting for an afternoon film screening ( free tea & cake at Everyman for oldies) I had a wander around JL looking at TVs. They had a 2016 MY Samsung remaining with slight cosmetic damage, and I asked if a further reduction were possible although they had only just put it on display as I was there. They knocked a further £210 off, with a 5 year warranty and free delivery. I said " I like it, I want it, I'll take it off your hands"
Job done
 TV problem - Ambo
I make JL my first point of call. They accept exchanges and give refunds up to 35 days after purchase and recently let me change a new TV four times over until I got one I approved of, with no argument over refunds. (They did however mildly suggest before the final swop that I take more time to examine alternatives.) There was no stipulation that I got replacements from JL itself and two weeks ago they gave me a total refund for a new iPlayer. Their online support service is excellent, to boot.

TV problem - Falkirk Bairn
Buy a new one, messing around getting a piece of 8 year old electronics to work might cost quite a lot in man hours.

"With the impending cheque for the bike accident" you deserve a treat.
£500 buys a lot of quality TV these days - 4K, 50", reputable manufacturer......
 TV problem - Bobby
Ha ha what cheque!!! ☹️
 TV problem - Bobby
This TV actually came from JL but the last few I have bought for various rooms have all came from Richer Sounds.
The Glasgow one is two mins from my work, guys know their stuff, and seem to have six year guarantees now!
They have a 4K LG one that looks decent ...
 TV problem - Falkirk Bairn
RS warranty is not insurance warranty BUT RS Warranty !
A difference in what they used to do.
 TV problem - legacylad
I've bought my fair share of kit from RS over the years, but recently their 'in store' clearance bargains ( open box, ex display, refurb) are now on sale centrally, online only. Their 'warranty' is only one year, and when I enquired about a TV from Leeds they wanted to charge delivery
The 5 year warranty with JL swung it girl me, as did the ability to return if the customer isn't satisfied... within 14 days I think. Could be wrong.
 TV problem - Duncan
>> .....swung it girl me,

Ee, be that 'yorkshire expression?

Wots it mean, lad?
Latest Forum Posts