Non-motoring > Brucie - didn't he do well? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 12

Brucie - didn't he do well? - VxFan
Sir Bruce Forsyth dies aged 89 - RIP

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40978576
 Brucie - didn't he do well? - No FM2R
Bless, not my sort of entertainer but he was very good at what he did and certainly a significant part of the prevailing television culture over the years.

RIP.
 Brucie - didn't he do well? - Focal Point
He didn't do anything for me, but his career was a long and successful one.
 Brucie - didn't he do well? - R.P.
What you two said.
 Brucie - didn't he do well? - Timeonmyhands
Another wig orphaned.
 Brucie - didn't he do well? - zippy
Mother In Law (luckily a wonderful woman), used to be a professional chorister and preformed at the Palladium before she got married.

She met Bruce Forsythe and said he was totally charming, always making the effort to say "hello" if he passed them and gave them a bit of light hearted chat but nothing rude or crude with absolutely no "carrying on".

Seems he was a Gentleman, which is so rare nowadays.

Nice to have seen you, to have seen you nice!

RIP
Last edited by: zippy on Fri 18 Aug 17 at 20:43
 Brucie - didn't he do well? - No FM2R
Good to hear.
 Brucie - didn't he do well? - Hard Cheese
At the forefront for over half a century and not a bad word to be said by him or against him, RIP.
 Brucie - didn't he do well? - Boxsterboy
I will miss him - and we won't see his like again.
 Brucie - didn't he do well? - Manatee
An all round decent egg by all accounts. A friend of ours gets regular friends and family tickets for the dancing thing and has done since it started; she always said he was just as warm, considerate etc off camera as on. He would dance with ladies (and men for all I know) from the audience in rehearsals and warm up, all with good humour.

I'm not a variety/game show fan either but he made the Generation Game watchable.

Brucie - didn't he do well? - henry k
Eight little-known facts about his career

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40985302
 Brucie - didn't he do well? - VxFan
I think I've mentioned this before. I met him in Asda in Swindon some years back. He was there to officially open it, as well as promote something or other of his. Couldn't get over how spindly his legs were.
Anyway, as we were leaving the car park, a chauffeur driven old tatty navy blue Jaguar was in front of us, and I could see that he was sat in the back of it. Couldn't figure out why someone of his supposed wealth was in an old rustbucket. Maybe he'd heard what Swindon was like ;)
 Brucie - didn't he do well? - Manatee
Had it been Bob Monkhouse opening the supermarket, you might have seen him getting into a tidy but venerable Lexus. It would have belonged to chap local to me who ran a private hire service, main customer Mr Monkhouse. He (the driver) was reliable and discreet and drove him for years. When Bob died, he got a job doing supermarket deliveries. Good bloke.

Maybe Bruce had a similar arrangement.
Latest Forum Posts