Non-motoring > Adverts on the left .... being stupid Miscellaneous
Thread Author: rtj70 Replies: 8

Adverts on the left .... being stupid - rtj70
So I've noticed in the last week some stupid adverts from LoveFilm on this site. I am probably the only one.

We got an offer at work that if we signed up for love film we got a £20 voucher for M&S and a 30 day trial. Since then I get adverts for love film on here. Fine. But the films they are showing are ones I've already received. Pointless?

Someone ought to fix it. It's bugging someone temporarily signed up (With films they have sent) and probably not advertising well to the target audience. I will of course cancel it soon.
 Adverts on the left .... being stupid - smokie
I don't see any ads...? You mean in a forum list screen?
This site has had ads since it launched. We got it banned from Google ads by clicking on too many links.

Just seeing an advert for UK TV licences. And a post office travel money ad at the top.

Edit: This site does make some money for the owners ;-)
Last edited by: rtj70 on Mon 16 Aug 10 at 23:51
Why did I say adverts on the left.... I meant right ;-)
 Adverts on the left .... being stupid - smokie
AH yes, I see ads now. Never really noticed 'em before!! :-)
I was wondering just now what the ad in Polish was all about. Then it eventually says TV licensing. Must be aimed at BBD.
 Adverts on the left .... being stupid - BiggerBadderDave
"Must be aimed at BBD."

I can't see any ads left or right... actually I can see the Hotels in Sardinia, but that's it.
 Adverts on the left .... being stupid - VxFan
>> This site has had ads since it launched. We got it banned from Google ads by clicking on too many links.

Stephen will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC that turned out not to be the reason. I'll let him explain if he so wishes.

Without going into detail, Google ads can ban you having 2 arms and 2 legs if they are looking for an excuse. If you do a search ( via google ) you'll find loads of unhappy ex google ad customers.
 Adverts on the left .... being stupid - Statistical Outlier
How are we doing on the inappropriate ads dept? I block them at the moment after getting some through a few times that were distinctly not safe for work. If that's under control then I am quite happy to support the site and even click on some of them..
Latest Forum Posts