Non-motoring > Bus in a hurry... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 15

Bus in a hurry... - smokie
www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-berkshire-40415292/cctv-footage-shows-man-hit-by-bus-in-reading

I reckon the bus driver's P45 isn't far away... he was going a fair old clip before he hit the bloke.

(Am I odd? The "upsetting scene" nearly made me LOL)
 Bus in a hurry... - Hard Cheese
That guy was very lucky, he could so easily have gone under the bus.

Why did he walk into the shop afterwards though, rather than over to the bus driver ...
 Bus in a hurry... - movilogo
He must have been very lucky to survive this!

Wonder if automated vehicles would have prevented this kind of scenarios. Usually if a malfunction is detected the fail-safe mechanism should kick in and stop the vehicle.

Bus in a hurry... - Bromptonaut
This scenario is unusual but ped stepping out in front of bus must be a near daily event in London. Guess the bus is designed to (a) absorb impact and (b) deflect victim from going under. Hopefully paramedics attended and the man got proper treatment and observation so as to ensure no internal injury or brain bleed.

I wonder if bus is out of control, hell of a list as it rounds the bend. Cyclist was killed by a bus in Oxford Street after driver's sciatica attack led to him pressing accelerator:

www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/bus-driver-who-killed-northamptonshire-cyclist-cleared-1-2832153
 Bus in a hurry... - Manatee

>> I wonder if bus is out of control,

He narrowly missed what looks like a lamp post and knocked some bits off a structure on his left, possibly a bus shelter. I would call that out of control.
 Bus in a hurry... - VxFan
>> Why did he walk into the shop afterwards though,

Maybe he went to buy himself a lottery ticket, given the stroke of luck he just had by not being killed.
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 27 Jun 17 at 12:50
 Bus in a hurry... - No FM2R

>> Why did he walk into the shop afterwards though, rather than over to the bus
>> driver ...

Yeah, because I 'spect he was thinking logically and clearly.

I am quite sure that at that moment the bloke was more shocked than a shocked thing. I doubt he knew which planet he was on.
 Bus in a hurry... - henry k
>>I am quite sure that at that moment the bloke was more shocked than a shocked thing.
>> I doubt he knew which planet he was on.
>>
IIRC some ( a few?) survivors of an aircraft crash just left the scene and went home.
 Bus in a hurry... - Manatee

>> IIRC some ( a few?) survivors of an aircraft crash just left the scene and
>> went home.

I think several of the Hudson water-landers did that after being rescued.
 Bus in a hurry... - CGNorwich
Apparently it was a pub not a shop. Cool guy of the year surely.
 Bus in a hurry... - CGNorwich
The Purple Turtle Bar actually. Hope the drink was on the house.
 Bus in a hurry... - Zero
Head injury? No point going to Reading Hospital, they don't have a brain scanner, never had call for it
 Bus in a hurry... - smokie
Duh... it's called Royal Berkshire Hospital... :-)
 Bus in a hurry... - tyrednemotional
>> Apparently it was a pub not a shop.

.....and wouldn't you need a drink after that........
 Bus in a hurry... - henry k
>> >> Apparently it was a pub not a shop.
>>
>>
>> .....and wouldn't you need a drink after that........
>>
Yes a double - ( no more double deckers)

followed by a visit to the nearest gentleman's outfitters for some replacements ?
 Bus in a hurry... - Dog
>>(Am I odd? The "upsetting scene" nearly made me LOL)

You are odd.

"Simon Smith was knocked to the ground by the vehicle while walking along Gun Street"

I wonder what became of his *amazing* dancing bear: www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8zI5xjwKYw
Last edited by: Dog on Tue 27 Jun 17 at 19:55
Latest Forum Posts