Non-motoring > British citizenship test Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 36

British citizenship test - Crankcase
www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/1-3-people-fail-british-10643413

You need 18 right from 24. I got 21 and had to guess a couple as well. If those had been wrong it would have been close.

I expect everyone else will get 24, if you want to try.

British citizenship test - sooty123
I got 20, a couple i should have known. I can never remember the saints days so that was just a wild guess.
 British citizenship test - Dog
22/24
 British citizenship test - Zero
22. Clearly I am never going to know about the forced marriage act
 British citizenship test - Bromptonaut
23/24

Blah blah Bannockburn blah blah

Forced marriages act was a lucky guess.
Last edited by: smokie on Sun 25 Jun 17 at 09:51
 British citizenship test - Crankcase
Got the F1 question wrong. No idea at all about that one, and also got the saints wrong and Bannockburn.
 British citizenship test - Dog
>>Got the F1 question wrong. No idea at all about that one, and also got the saints wrong and Bannockburn.

I got the F1 wrong too, and the Scotch one.
 British citizenship test - Mike Hannon
What a pile of tripe. How can knowing odd bits of semi-obscure history make you a 'subject', let alone a decent one.
I'm English by accident of birth. I live in France but will never consider applying for French citizenship because I'm simply not French. I guess I'll get thrown out if I live long enough.
Nationalism has damaged the world almost as much as religion and it looks as though the situation will only get worse.
 British citizenship test - smokie

Removed Bromp's spoiler :-)

Didn't you score many Mike? :-)
Last edited by: smokie on Sun 25 Jun 17 at 09:51
 British citizenship test - commerdriver
23/24 what a junk test too much ancient history
 British citizenship test - Cliff Pope
>> what a junk test too much ancient history
>>

That's precisely the point. The knowledge is all useless junk, but it's the kind of stuff that a citizen picks up automatically.
These aren't vital bits of knowledge that a citizen needs, they are merely indicators of one's degree of immersion in the culture.
 British citizenship test - CGNorwich
This is just a quiz made up by the Mirror. It is not a specimen paper.
 British citizenship test - Mike Hannon
Didn't even try. I have a life...
 British citizenship test - Ambo
20. Some of the information called for seems rather arcane, in the context of a rough-and-ready test, so well done, those who scored higher. If I failed in reality, I would find it hard to know how to prepare for the next (£50) attempt.
 British citizenship test - Hard Cheese
22/24.

Bannockburn and order of saints' days wrong.
>> Didn't even try. I have a life...

But clearly not in the UK!
Bet nobody Scottish got the Bannockburn question wrong :-)
 British citizenship test - Haywain
I haven't had chance to look at the test yet, but are three of the questions:

1. Which football team do you support?

2. Explain what a queue is.

3. Who are our patron saints? [extra marks will be awarded for naming St Edmund rather than St George]
 British citizenship test - smokie
Haha - and describe the rules of cricket...
 British citizenship test - Haywain
"and describe the rules of cricket..."

I suppose you have identified a problem there .......... you have just imported a jihadi from Pakistan, and deported my wife ;-)
 British citizenship test - Cliff Pope
>> and deported my wife ;-)
>>

And me. I fail all questions regarding sport. I have never voluntarily engaged in, nor taken the slightest interest in, any sport.
It's probably caused by a missing or defective sport gene, rare in people of otherwise impeccable British descent.
>> "and describe the rules of cricket..."
>>
>> I suppose you have identified a problem there .......... you have just imported a jihadi
>> from Pakistan, and deported my wife ;-)
>>
and given most of the Scottish population their exit ticket
 British citizenship test - hjd
Automatic fail there - they are the laws of cricket, not the rules....
I got Bannockburn, saints' days and forced marriage act date wrong, so similar to most on here.
>> Haha - and describe the rules of cricket...
>>
 British citizenship test - stan10
22/24

wrong answers -
forced marriage law (N/A)

Pub opening hours - at least one of my locals is open 2 hrs earlier and serves breakfasts - question doesn't mention the sale of alcohol, which is obviously the point.

Hey-Ho, at least i'm in ... cheers, or tears ??
 British citizenship test - R.P.
I got 3 - does that mean I get to go ? (joke)
>> I got 3 - does that mean I get to go?

Not surprised, not a single question about sheep🐑 tho the forced marriage law was close tho I guess
 British citizenship test - R.P.
:-)
 British citizenship test - No FM2R
What is it testing?

What a pile of tabloid, LCD, s***e.
 British citizenship test - The Melting Snowman
I got 22. My missus would fail dismally - there are no questions on Soaps.
 British citizenship test - Ted

I got 21. Saints and forced marriage wrong and pub hours. I'm sure I've had brekky at Spoons before 11am..but not with a pint. Just checked, our local 'Spoons, The Sedge Lynn, opens at 0800hrs...so there !

Anyway, confirmed as an English Gentleman.
 British citizenship test - movilogo
Few years back I sat for the actual test. There is a thin book which covers the syllabus of the exam. Time allowed was 45 minutes. I took only 3 minutes to complete it. Can't remember how much scored but definitely passed without any hitch.

It was too easy to pass, I'd have preferred a TOEFL like exam instead of this :-)

British citizenship test - VxFan
18/24

Was going well for the 1st half of the questions, then hit a wall before getting back on track again.
 British citizenship test - Dutchie
I'm not doing a test they can stick it up their backside.After 50 years here if they want to deport me get on with it.

Playing about with peoples lives over Brexit is a no no in my opinion.Speaking and learning the language is essential but a history lesson?

Maarten Tromp followed the British fleet on the Thames and gave them a good hiding.And King William who was a King in the U.K for a few years.>:)

We used to ask the Spanish lads who sailed on Dutch ships to learn the language in two years or speak it reasonable.
 British citizenship test - No FM2R
Entirely agree.

Although I think asking Spanish people to learn Dutch is pretty harsh! :-)
Godverdomme FM2R Ik moest ook Nederlands leren.>:)
 British citizenship test - rtj70
>> After 50 years here if they want to deport me get on with it.

You've been here longer than I have. Worst case scenario how about you stay and I get to live in the EU somewhere.
I'm happy here I feel a foreigner going abroad.Britain will find a way through this,it won't be easy but no one wants to punish anybody.

Britain in the E.U was always seen as a buffer but a awkward one.Tongue in cheek comment about deporting I did the test for fun got most of it right..;)
Latest Forum Posts