Non-motoring > Blue tooth speakers Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 33

Blue tooth speakers - MD
I've posted this here because I thought I might get an answer a little quicker than in Computer stuff.

I have bought a Bluetooth speaker. More about the make later and as I was mega impressed I bought another (identical) hoping, but quietly doubting (I don't know why) that they would both sync to give a bit of 'spread' To the sound. I cannot get both of them live (together). All help for an ageing builder would be gratefully received.
 Blue tooth speakers - rtj70
You won't get both connected to the same device at the same time. That's not how the Bluetooth profile they will use works (either uses A2DP or HSP at a guess).

Only one will be connected to the device (phone I'm guessing).
 Blue tooth speakers - MD
I fear you are correct Sir. I am mildly gutted and I guess there's no way around this situation?

Cheap speaker No.2 anyone?
 Blue tooth speakers - Bobby
I have one of the wee tenner round Bluetooth speakers but have seen a few around the £30 mark that are tempting. Something rechargeable that I can take on holiday and leave by the poolside!
Something like this
DOSS Wireless Bluetooth V4.0 Speaker with High-Definition Sound Quality & Superior bass,Sensitive touch,12 Hours playtime,Handsfree[White] www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CRPV94G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ukStzb5HPSX87
 Blue tooth speakers - MD
That sounds effective and cheap. Mine are from "Jam Audio" and are Excellent. £20.00 from Argos. £14.99 from the maker including postage and arrived in two days. What's not to like???
 Blue tooth speakers - mikeyb
I'm pretty sure I can stream music to more than 1 Bluetooth speaker.

I've got a Bose soundtouch - you can control it from an app on your phone and the option is there to play the same on all speakers on the same network
 Blue tooth speakers - MD
Tell me more my man, tell me more...........
>> Tell me more my man, tell me more...........
>>

Sorry, didn't realise you were talking about £15 speakers

This is the one I've got

tinyurl.com/y973xgo4

It's got a nice sound, but I'm not sure if its worth the money they are asking for it now
 Blue tooth speakers - MD
>> >> Tell me more my man, tell me more...........
>> >>
>>
>> Sorry, didn't realise you were talking about £15 speakers
>>
Well MikeyBaby. Before you mock I would get the facts. I have used a £150.00 Bose mains powered speaker and I have used (as you now realise) a £15.00 speaker from a well established and professional outfit called Jam audio. These are on sale in arsgos at £20.00. If I had told you I paid £75.00 would you have given it more credence? The product is fine, very fine in fact and the difference between it and the Bose is not worth the money. No, I am not deaf. This started out as a simple tech enquiry, not a cost analysis.
 Blue tooth speakers - No FM2R
Essentially Martin, you can't do it.

Wireless pairing logically works pretty much the same as if you were using plugs and sockets, and you need a socket for each device you want to use - no way of plugging two into one socket.

You would have to use a device designed to pair to other devices, pair the speakers to that and then pair the phone to that device.

You can bluetooth from your phone/tablet to a single device which then uses WiFi to other devices, but still a bit of an a***.

Not really worth the effort, I should think. Tell me if you want to have a go at it, but I don't think its a great idea.

Last edited by: No FM2R on Sun 25 Jun 17 at 21:50
How can my bluetooth iphone "talk" to my car and my bluetooth fitbit watch at the same time??
 Blue tooth speakers - Runfer D'Hills
Pixies
>> How can my bluetooth iphone "talk" to my car and my bluetooth fitbit watch at the same time??

Because Bluetooth uses profiles to control and setup connections. Connection to your car is probably using something like Handsfree Profile and for audio streaming A2DP. Could even be using rSAP (SIM Access Profile) to use the phone SIM in the car. But probably one or two BT profiles in use for the car connection.

The Fitbit will use something else. Maybe Generic Attribute Profile (GATT)?

So yes BT supports multiple connections but one profile can connect to one device at a time (in general).

Think of AD2P as being a replacement to headphone socket for example. It connects point to point. And plug in real headphones and it probably overrides the BT connection.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Sun 25 Jun 17 at 22:54
 Blue tooth speakers - No FM2R
>> How can my bluetooth iphone "talk" to my car and my bluetooth fitbit watch at the same time??

Different "sockets".
 Blue tooth speakers - MD
Hi Mark. Sadly I think this 'may' have hit home after I pressed 'buy'. O-:)

BUT, I now have one for the bog/bathroom and one for the Kitchen without having to arrange transport up and down the wooden hill! Win/Win I fancy. Hope all is well in Chile?
>> Well MikeyBaby. Before you mock I would get the facts. I have used a £150.00
>> Bose mains powered speaker and I have used (as you now realise) a £15.00 speaker
>> from a well established and professional outfit called Jam audio. These are on sale in
>> arsgos at £20.00. If I had told you I paid £75.00 would you have given
>> it more credence? The product is fine, very fine in fact and the difference between
>> it and the Bose is not worth the money. No, I am not deaf. This
>> started out as a simple tech enquiry, not a cost analysis.
>>

I wasn't mocking in any way shape or form. It was rtj70 who asked if the Bose item I linked to was £14.95 implying that was your budget, hence my comment about the cost

FWIW I think the Bose items are overpriced compared to some of the other offerings
 Blue tooth speakers - MD
No worries Mike. The product is excellent. I've heard rave reviews time and time again for their products. It is a superb piece of kit and punches well above its weight.
>> option is there to play the same on all speakers on the same network

Bluetooth is not a network. Maybe the speakers themselves connect to each other. Did the Bose Soundtouch speakers cost £14.95? And does it have a WiFi connection?
Last edited by: rtj70 on Sat 24 Jun 17 at 21:34
 Blue tooth speakers - CGNorwich
The Bose system like Sonos use a WFi connection not Bluetooth.
>> The Bose system like Sonos use a WFi connection not Bluetooth.
>>

Nope, it uses either.

Mine is in the kitchen, used as an internet radio some of the time, and to stream music via bluetooth the rest of the time, although I guess if you are connected to multiple speakers then there must be some kind of networking at play
 Blue tooth speakers - CGNorwich
If you want to connect multiple speakers, which is what we were discussing,it uses your wifi network.

Bluetooth is one to one The clue is in the word "pairing"
 Blue tooth speakers - movilogo
How about connecting one speaker via bluetooth and connecting the other one with aux cable?

Never tried but might work.

Ordered this and it arrived today.
Very impressed with it, good sound.
Would have been good if it had a remote control but you get what you pay for I guess!!
 Blue tooth speakers - MD
Ordered what?
Sorry that was a follow up to my note further up on the DOSS speakers from Amazon - threaded view makes it clearer!
 Blue tooth speakers - MD
Ah!
Choo!! :)
 Blue tooth speakers - MD
Pardon- I heard that!
 Blue tooth speakers - Zero
Just picked up in the local Milar here at Punta Prima, a Bose SoundLink colour, for €99 plus free Bose travel case.

Just charged it and paired it to my Moto G4, currently playing Frank Sinatra through it, sounds superb

Blue tooth speakers - sherlock47
You was done. But maybe it was just the colour you wanted?

£65 in Argos, but no case :)
 Blue tooth speakers - Zero
Case is £19.99, and now unavailable in Argos at that price
Last edited by: Zero on Sat 1 Jul 17 at 19:14
 Blue tooth speakers - Mapmaker
I bought myself one of these for Christmas.

www.marshallheadphones.com/mh_uk_en/speakers/loud

I just wish it would do more than one room - you need Sonos for that, mate. But... Sonos just looked too complicated.
Last edited by: Mapmaker on Mon 3 Jul 17 at 10:22
 Blue tooth speakers - Hard Cheese
We have a couple of Anker portable phone chargers that are very well made.

My daughter has got a very small Anker Bluetooth speaker, it's about a 5cm cube and while not HiFi sounds great for it's size.

This is also by Anker, has 000's of great reviews and claims to offer stereo sound, all for £30.

www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-SoundCore-Dual-Driver-Distortion-Microphone/dp/B016MO90GW/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_23_bs_lp_tr_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TCV1RWVS8HNDA9FQVE12
 Blue tooth speakers - tyrednemotional
...though it has bluetooth, slightly off topic...

I bought one of these yesterday:

www.johnlewis.com/roberts-r100-multiroom-bluetooth-speaker-base-station-with-dab-dab-fm-radio/p2681273?sku=235953407

I was looking at them before Christmas, when the price in John Lewis dropped from roughly £250 to £200. Before I could make my mind up, the price reverted, and the optional battery pack (which I wanted for portability) also increased by £15.

The current JL reduction (from an RRP of £279 - which is being charged by many outlets) combined with a reduction in battery cost made the decision easy yesterday.

It has just about all the connectivity you could want (as well as FM/DAB and Internet Radio), but what first attracted me to it was the fact that it will play back from my NAS over the network, supports FLAC in that mode, which is not always the case, has a battery option (bathroom, here we come), and, though it is controllable via an app, the included screen and menu buttons makes it simple(r) to dispense with this.

The sound quality is acceptable as well.
Latest Forum Posts