Non-motoring > Duxford Air Show Sept Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Stuu Replies: 7

Duxford Air Show Sept - Stuu
Any of you lot going along? My wife has taken the day off and my parents are going too, its always a nice day out, esp if you arrive around 10am, get a good place then go for a wander while someone guards your stuff :-) well done mum.
The line up this year is looking very strong, better than previous years, I cant wait.
 Duxford Air Show Sept - Bromptonaut
Would normally go but I think we've got an end of hols camping weekend planned for the same time. Hope to get to Silverstone next Saturday (21 August) for a dose of VULCAN. Touring cars also active!!

Would also have gone to Sywell's show the following day but need to be at heathrow for my duaghter's return from four weeks in Ecuador!!
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Mon 16 Aug 10 at 16:44
 Duxford Air Show Sept - Zero
I went there once, or rather I tried to go there once. I got within 1/2 a mile, the last miles taking two hours,

I dumped the car in a field, we picknicked and watched it from there.

Never again.

Anyway, had my fill of planes this year, did Farnborough, and may do wings and wheels at dunsfold.
Ive driven in at Duxford with no queue and parked 30 M from where we normally sit.
A bit of good old fashioned planning and not arriving at the last minute is what it takes, works every year.
 Duxford Air Show Sept - Bigtee
Yes you can park at the far end of the parking area right next to the American museum & near the tank museum, This is a ideal location i take my chair and sit by the car in comfort with the food and scanner on perfect.

However what a sod getting out last year traffic was down to 8 lanes to one which was stupid but i was camping nearby no huge rush.

This was at Legends not done the september one yet i may come.
Ah yes, a man who knows what he is doing - I do exactly the same, plus the tank museum is my favorite anyway and the ice cream van is about 20ft away :-)
We always now take our own comprehensive picnic though as the food is stupidly expensive, plus we have our fold-out and rather comfy chairs - the more often you go, the more you refine the whole experience.
We tend to leave just as the last display is on and watch it from the car park, then shoot out before the crowds - works every time and they always have the good stuff in the middle of the display scheule so you dont miss anything good.
 Duxford Air Show Sept - Bigtee
Lol yes the Ice cream van.

The toilets are there next to the Radio shack it's a perfect location much better than the car park were you have to walk over the bridge.

On the monday after the airshow last year i had a drive back to duxford and parked up in the road behind the fields it's between a load of fields but you can get close to the airfield, this would be ideal but there not stupid the road is closed on the airshow they call it Health and safety i call it cashing in on there potential.!, But you could see aircraft taking off and giving a display as they left over my head wow...!!!
duxford.iwm.org.uk/upload/pdf/The_Battle_of_Britain_Air_Show_Participation_11.8.10.pdf

Looks like they have a very decent line up.
Latest Forum Posts