Non-motoring > Gonks Go Beat Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 5

Gonks Go Beat - Crankcase
I hereby decree that if you have not seen the 1965 musical "Gonks Go Beat" then you are an inferior being who must Shape Up and Get With It. Man. It is the worst, and at the same time, one of the best of the movies that has come my way in recent times.

I can't decide whether the number performed by the musicians, each in their own individual classic British open top car, "played" whilst driving at speed across an airfield is better than the eight drummers from groups of the time all playing at the same time in an inspired jam like session.

And for the cognoscenti, there is an appearance from The Graham Bond Organisation.

There is some footage of the drummers in the trailer:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbKhqfAqYn4

But none of the airfield scene, sorry.

Other suggestions for B-movie delights welcomed

Gonks Go Beat - Dog
One of the comments under that vid mentions this film which takes me back to my very first job for a film company in Beak St. W1 that used to sell 8 and Super 8mm movies.

Chap that owned the place (Peter Walker) went on to make a £million producing his own (mostly sex) films.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzrzxnPKLtA (Plan 9 From Outer Space)
 Gonks Go Beat - Crankcase
Much as I like Plan 9, it doesn't meet the criteria. That thing is cult, daddy-o. I've SO been there.

Although it's ages since seeing it, so will peer at the hubcaps again in due course.

Were you working in sales or production, Dog?
 Gonks Go Beat - Dog
>>Were you working in sales or production, Dog?

Dispatch clerk Cc (I was 15) ... I used to parcel up the 8mm films and take them to the PO late afternoon.

Mind you, I did sell a few films when Peter was out on location. I also went on a few shoots and took the rushes to his friend iat Hammer Horror in Wardour St.

When he was casting for School for Sex, I got to meet (and greet) a lot of lovely, lovely young ladies.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Walker_(director)

His friend: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_J._Warren
Last edited by: Dog on Fri 16 Jun 17 at 16:49
 Live it up - Zero
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiZfY48ftcM
 Live it up - Robin O'Reliant
Reefer Madness is up there with the best. Full movie here -

www.youtube.com/watch?v=esfKfTBGadg
Latest Forum Posts