Non-motoring > Roger Moore RIP Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Focal Point Replies: 17

Roger Moore RIP - Focal Point
tinyurl.com/k53y3gf
 Roger Moore RIP - Zero
Funnily enough, I was watching "The Saint" last week. It was very inspirational, king of Cool, classic dress sense, flash car, frequent trips to Nice and Switzerland*

*(ok it was the back lot at Pinewood, but it had the feel)
 Roger Moore RIP - Crankcase
Funnily enough, so was I. And also saw a bit of him as Bond the other night, and remembered what an unpleasant character Bond is.

Roger Moore RIP - Zero
nasty piece of work in the original books, the latter Bond films with Daniel Craig went some way to capturing how flawed Bond is.
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 23 May 17 at 18:48
 Roger Moore RIP - No FM2R
I rather liked the escapist Bond. I don't really want a flawed one.

But then I never really want deep and meaningful films and I certainly don't want flawed and tortured heroes. I like escapism stuff.

Bring back Audie Murphy, John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart etc. etc. etc..
 Roger Moore RIP - Robin O'Reliant
>> I rather liked the escapist Bond. I don't really want a flawed one.
>>
>>
Same here.

Another peeve of mine is how they tried to turn Batman into a character of "Hidden depth" and give the films some sort of dark meaning. FFS, Batman is a kids cartoon strip, we were never meant to do any more than enjoy a bit of knockabout fun. It was the sixties TV series and the spin off film which captured the whole thing brilliantly - camp, funny and enjoyably outrageous.

And going back to Bond, no one came close to Roger Moore, not even Sean Connery.
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Tue 23 May 17 at 19:32
 Roger Moore RIP - No FM2R
I agree, and it takes the fun out of it.

And so many remakes or everything. I've lost track of how many different takes on Batman's origins there have been.
 Roger Moore RIP - Zero
>> >> I rather liked the escapist Bond. I don't really want a flawed one.
>> >>
>> >>
>> Same here.
>>
>> Another peeve of mine is how they tried to turn Batman into a character of
>> "Hidden depth" and give the films some sort of dark meaning.

Wheres the bond films tried to suppress the original characters hidden depths.
 Roger Moore RIP - zippy
He always appeared to be a gentleman when being interviewed and reportedly he didn't want to hold Maud Adams' arm behind her back on The Man With the Golden Gun because it wasn't the proper thing to do!

RIP
 Roger Moore RIP - VxFan
On arriving at the Pearly Gates

St Peter says "Ahh Mr Bond, we've been expecting you"

RIP.

I always liked:

"Look after Mr Bond. See that some harm comes to him."

Moonraker.

Roger Moore RIP - smokie
Deja vu today, what with Michael Bond (Paddington bear creator) croaking.
>> He always appeared to be a gentleman when being interviewed and reportedly he didn't want
>> to hold Maud Adams' arm behind her back on The Man With the Golden Gun
>> because it wasn't the proper thing to do!

That's the exact scene I saw the other day - he slaps her in the face first as well - and I thought how yukky that was. More so because I think on seeing it the first time, on release at the cinema, I don't recall thinking anything about it all. It was just Bond. Now, it's horrible. Maybe one gets more sensitive with age.
 Roger Moore RIP - Robin O'Reliant
Some of the "Seduction" techniques in the early Bond films would now be classed as rape.

My best ever off the cuff one liner came courtesy of Bond. Walking into a packed shop I slipped on the step and went down on my arris managing to bring a nearby display down with me. Would have been hugely embarrassing if, in a rare flash of inspiration as I sat there with my glasses askew I hadn't introduced myself to the watching audience with, "My name is Bond, James Bond."

Made them laugh with me rather than at me.
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Wed 24 May 17 at 14:31
 Roger Moore RIP - Zero
My fav is when Bond is tied to the table with a laser about to slice his balls off.

"You expect me to talk Goldfinger?"

"No I expect you to die Mr Bond"

Of course that was the best bond, Sean Connery.
Last edited by: Zero on Wed 24 May 17 at 17:17
 Roger Moore RIP - VxFan
>> "No I expect you to die Mr Bond"

His Doctor said pretty much the same thing to him.

Roger Moore was feeling a little unwell and went to Bupa for a check-up with his doctor.

“So, Doctor, what’s the verdict?” Roger asked.

“I’m afraid you’ve only got a few weeks left to live, Mr Moore,” said the doctor. “I’m sorry.”

“Christ!,” Roger said, “And I suppose you still expect me to pay that whopping private medical bill too?”

“No, Mr Moore,” replied the doctor. “I expect you to die.”

>> My best ever off the cuff one liner came courtesy of Bond. Walking into a
>> packed shop I slipped on the step and went down on my arris managing to
>> bring a nearby display down with me. Would have been hugely embarrassing if, in a
>> rare flash of inspiration as I sat there with my glasses askew I hadn't introduced
>> myself to the watching audience with, "My name is Bond, James Bond."

Good one. Quick thinking.

Bond would have said something like "what a crashing bore".

I do like a nice anecdote. This one is great.

www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/roger-moore-dead-died-james-bond-airport-story-anecdote-signature-a7752636.html

Latest Forum Posts