Non-motoring > What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Iffy Replies: 27

What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - Iffy
Or even 4pm tomorrow?

I refer, of course, to the start of the Premier League football season.

For me as a Spur, it will be 12.45pm, glued to Radio5Live as we hope to catch Man City before they get their expensive act together.

If we win, I shall take more than a passing interest in the other matches.

If we lose, I shall have a football sulk.

Come on you Lilywhites!

What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - Bromptonaut
Errr reading the paper; visiting my mum; driving back from visiting my mum.

Football??? Paaahhh
 What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - -
At work from late morning.

Never got into footy, discouraged at school where rugby was the game.

Last edited by: gordonbennet on Sat 14 Aug 10 at 09:14
 What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - Stuu
I think ill be tidying the garage. Football? Yeah right.
 What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - Hard Cheese

But the footy season started last week, and a month too early if you ask me, August should be reserved for cricket alone.

What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - Auntie Lockbrakes
I intend to watch the Tottenham game on the telly - 11.45pm here in NZ is about the time that the newborn wakes up for his nightly feed n' wind session...

I like my footy but am also starting to think that the season goes on too long and it's becoming overkill. The World Cup was a big anticlimax I thought.
Last edited by: Webmaster on Mon 16 Aug 10 at 21:27
 What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - Perky Penguin
Wrong shaped ball! Rugby League is way better IMO.
 What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - AnotherJohnH
I'll be at work, trying to ignore the football on the "telly".
 What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - Robin O'Reliant
I shall be following the scores update on the BBC red button, rubbing my hands as West Ham put a hatful past Villa and march to our rightful place at the top of English football.
 What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - Mike Hannon
Absolutely anything that has nothing to do with the ridiculously-titled 'beautiful game'. I'd rather eat my own entrails that watch the multi-million pound morons.
 What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - CGNorwich

Hard to see why managing to get paid tens of thousands per week for playing a game you love means that you are a moron. Quite the opposite really.
 What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - Perky Penguin
A bit of manly hugging, and kissing the badge on your shirt doesn't mean you love the game. It is perfectly possible to be pretty thick and very rich and the Premier League tends to prove this. If they weren't paid loads of money they'd find something else to "Love". Perhaps their team mates lady friends?
Last edited by: Perky Penguin on Sat 14 Aug 10 at 15:59
 What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - Harleyman

>>
>> I like my footy but am also starting to think that the season goes on
>> too long and it's becoming overkill. The World Cup was a big anticlimax I thought.
>>

Quite agree. These daysthe season never actually seems to finish, and not just cos of the World Cup; if it isn't that it's any one of the seemingly never-ending Champions Champions League Super-Cup Knockout etc etc etc.
 What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - Duncan
Er - Wendyball?

No. I don't think so.

www.facebook.com/BBCLondon

Scroll halfway down. Scenes of a Milwall supporters coach being attacked in Bristol.
 What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - Harleyman
Stuff your footie. Twenty20 finals day at Southampton, far more fun than predictable ballet-dancing.
 What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - Zero
Doubt there will be any 20 20. Its raining and we dont want the littlw dahlings to get wet now do we.
 What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - Dog
My 3 big brothers used to take me to cee' the Arsenal & Millwall, I was even 'away' at Luton once when the ne'er do wells ripped up all the seats and we all got locked in the stand,
I like to watch a good Man U game now and again but my sport is heavyweight boxing really,
but I ain't paying Murdoch for it.

So R sen all is a swear word now :) corrected for you
Last edited by: Webmaster on Mon 16 Aug 10 at 21:26
 What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - Ted

Like Iffy, I'll have the wireless on, listening to Man City put a shedful in Spur's goalmouth.
I'll be in the workshop, I've got 10 sets of railway points to wire up. Just had the main bedroom plastered by SIL so I'm using the excuse of 'it's not dry enough yet ' not to do any more in there 'til next week.

Ted
 What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - Badwolf
I'm a lifelong Liverpool supporter but unfortunately I'm working tomorrow so I can't watch the match. Even more unfortunately, I'm on the number 17 which goes right by Anfield, just as the match finishes. On my last trip. So not only will I not be able to watch, or even listen to the match I'll finish work late because of it!
>>
>> Like Iffy, I'll have the wireless on, listening to Man City put a shedful in
>> Spur's goalmouth.
>> I'll be in the workshop, I've got 10 sets of railway points to wire up.

Lets hope your points wiring skills are better than your football predictions.

Turned out to be an empty shed.
...So R sen all is a swear word now :)...

To me, it always has been.
 What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - Dog
>>To me, it always has been.<<

Just as well you're a non a moose & up there in leafy land then, friend :)
 What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - legacylad
Walking over Whernside, walking over Ingleboro, on my third (or fourth) pint of Golden Pippin.
Come rain or shine.
cant you manage Pen-y-ghent as well? wimp!
 What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - devonite
Pah! >>Never got into footy, discouraged at school where rugby was the game.<<

Carthorses!!

The Thouroghbreds kicked off today, Blackpool (newcomers since 1971) won 4-0, yay! and Chelsea ;-) taught the "YO-YO`S" a lesson at 6-0!

However, i take my hat off to the chap who was seriously hurt in the Leeds -Castleford game, any body that takes that kind of injury in the name of sport, deserves applauding!! - join ranks with Petr Chech and Carlo Cudicini (Chelsea)!! Well Done!
 What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - Armel Coussine
I know I speak for almost everyone here when I say that with the world cup over for another four years, one can sink back into one's normal attitude of scornful indifference to soccer and all its beings and doings.

Who cares if Hottenham Totspur have wheels on their houses or Millwall supporters are all flamboyant drag queens? I certainly don't.
 What will you be doing at 12.45pm, 3pm or 5.30pm? - RattleandSmoke
All I have been doing is killing my hangover and setting up a new business venture. I wasn't even aware any Football I was until I saw this thread.
Young Boys have just notched against the mighty Spurs.

Dear oh dear.

Latest Forum Posts