Non-motoring > Sealing internal concrete flooring Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 12

Sealing internal concrete flooring - legacylad
The total refurb of my late Aunts flat is well underway. All flooring has now been removed, starting with the 36yo second hand carpets, the perished green underlay, and finally the cheap nylon carpet glued to the concrete floor. I've mopped the floors in every room to kill the dust, but any recommendations to seal the floors? It won't take long with a 4" brush and stop any more dust rising when I completely redecorate over 4 days at Easter, when I have a plumber helping me instal a new bathroom and tile.
Just paint with a stabilising solution... not solvent based?

He even suggested I put the fully operational 36yo Dolphin shower on Ebay!
 Sealing internal concrete flooring - tyrednemotional
PVA adhesive (mix as per instructions on the container)
 Sealing internal concrete flooring - Runfer D'Hills
Yep, ditto T&Es advice. I used to have an old house which had some exposed stone internal walls, did exactly that to them and it stopped them producing / dropping dust.
 Sealing internal concrete flooring - madf
Yes ditto.
Used on garage concrete floors , Worked.
Many thanks... I'll buy some tomorrow if I don't already have some in my garage next to the 5L stabilising solution I use on new plaster.
A major garage tidy was on the job list for Easter after everything got moved around when the new sectional door was fitted... that job now on hold as I'm fitting new bathroom at Aunts over Easter.
Job complete
Bathroom emptied yesterday of fixturesand first fix plumbing almost complete done. Now a blank canvas so tiling bathroom today ( not me)
I'm busy sanding yellowed 36yo white gloss on all skirting and door frames in 4 rooms & hallway, sanding stained window frames x 9 and first coat of emulsion on lilac walls !

That should keep me out of mischief

And a few trips to the tip ( a large Mondeo estate would be very useful at this point)

Sealing internal concrete flooring - Dog
>>That should keep me out of mischief

And out of the pubs??
 Sealing internal concrete flooring - Fullchat
Little tip. If you are are a bit of a perfectionist and want to fill imperfections in the wood car body filler is your friend. Easy to sand and get a good finish before primer and undercoat is applied. Stinks though. :)
 Sealing internal concrete flooring - bathtub tom
>>I'm busy sanding yellowed 36yo white gloss

Wonder how much lead is in that? If you're anything like my age you probably don't worry as we'd chewed enough of it off the cot rail.
 Sealing internal concrete flooring - Ted

Rub down the body filler with 40 grit production paper....as the bodymen do.

I used to dream of having a cot !
My cot was a drawer from a chest of drawers. I presume my older sibs had a cot at some time, but I came along late you see. My eldest sib is 85 - 20 years older than me.
 Sealing internal concrete flooring - Old Navy
My eldest daughter slept in a cardboard box (no lid :-) ) for her first few months. Didn't do her any harm!
I'm wondering if my older sibs, nearest is 5 years older than me, shut the draw with me in it, if the drawer was still in the chest of drawers. I can be a bit of a claustrophobe in certain situations - no good in a sub!
Latest Forum Posts