Non-motoring > 074XXXXXXXX phone number Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 3

074XXXXXXXX phone number - Falkirk Bairn
Getting some work done @ house and contacting the trade people is tricky at times as they withold mobile numbers and can take ages to reply.

Plasterer usually had number witheld but a 074XXXXXXXX number appeared the other day.
| tried to call back but the number is not recognised!

Is there a way of phoning from a mobile number and spoof another number 074..... in its place?
 074XXXXXXXX phone number - Skoda
>> Is there a way of phoning from a mobile number and spoof another number 074..... in its place?

Not that i'm aware of but i wouldn't rule it out as impossible.

It's very cheap and easy spoof who's calling, and it's accessible to anyone with a spare PC, a modem and the ability to read a step by step guide, but from a mobile phone, i've not come across anything practicable yet.

(theoretically they could camp outside your house and do it using a device similar to a femtocell. painter and decorator? probably they wouldn't)

p.s. ofcom reserved 074 for mobile telecoms quite a while back, probably just a normal mobile.
 074XXXXXXXX phone number - Bromptonaut
www.davros.org/phones/charging.html usually answers these questions but does not cover 074. Possibly an extension of the 'follow me' ranges but I'd have thought most people have that functionality with a mobile.
 074XXXXXXXX phone number - MD
Change your Contractor. Sound like a load of MORONS to me.
Latest Forum Posts