Non-motoring > Dyfed-Powys Police Authority vs Red Arrows for £££ Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 4

Dyfed-Powys Police Authority vs Red Arrows for £££ - henry k
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-10927410
Scrap Red Arrows, says Plaid Cymru MP Jonathan Edwards

£8.8m a year towards the £34m that is being cut from Dyfed-Powys Police Authority ?
That would buy a lot of cameras:-(.

Dyfed-Powys Police Authority vs Red Arrows for £££ - Tooslow
There are an awful lot of vested interests fighting their corner (cf Film Council). I suppose it is to be expected but I suppose an honourable "well we don't like it but we have to acknowledge that we can't afford it" is too much to ask. Though how some of them have the cheek to defend the waste and sheer pointlessness of some of it defeats me.

Cna we keep the Red Arrows please and scrap a few more cameras, disband the chief constables association (I bet their meetings/travel/hotels clock up a few bob) to pay for it?

JH
 Dyfed-Powys Police Authority vs Red Arrows for £££ - midlifecrisis
I wouldn't worry about it. The way things are going we won't have any aircraft left to scrap once the SDR has taken place. (Scrapmen are going to be very busy disposing of our RAF, Navy and armoured Divisions)
 Dyfed-Powys Police Authority vs Red Arrows for £££ - madf
ACPO?
Doing a grand job. Wasting money? Never..

"Commercial activities
The February 2009 Mail on Sunday investigation also highlighted other activities of the ACPO including selling information from the Police National Computer for £70 despite it costing them only 60p to access it, marketing "police approval" logos to firms selling anti-theft devices and operating a separate private firm offering training to speed camera operators.[21]

[edit] Apartments
The organisation was criticised in February 2010 for spending £1.6M per year from government anti-terrorist funding grants on renting up to 80 apartments in the centre of London which were reported as being empty most of the time.[22][23] The organisation responded that it has reviewed this policy and is reducing the number of apartments.[23]
"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Chief_Police_Officers
 Dyfed-Powys Police Authority vs Red Arrows for £££ - Suppose
>> ACPO?
>> Doing a grand job. Wasting money? Never..
>>

ACPO is just a union of chief police officers. They are a law unto themselves, publishing "guidelines" which are then followed by their minions as if they were tablets of stone that even the Supreme Court dare not challenge. The ACPO is chiefly interested in maintaining the status of itself first and then its members. No different to any other union.
Latest Forum Posts