Non-motoring > Would you survive? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 18

Would you survive? - Crankcase
Just in time for Christmas, here's a cheery thing.

See if you would be ashes, toast, or just fade away.

For me, the very smallest in Cambridge and me being at home means deeply unpleasant but possibly survivable. At work and I'm gone. How about you?

www.nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
 Would you survive? - CGNorwich
I would suggest surviving the initial attack would be the worse possible result.
 Would you survive? - sooty123
How about you?

Well i suppose it depends on where you put the marker doesn't it? A couple of hundred miles away I'd probably be okay, on my roof not so good.
 Would you survive? - Crankcase
I thought it self-evident I meant "put the marker on a potential target near where you live" but obviously not. What happens if you do that?

Would you survive? - sooty123
Well i live in bomber county so it's pretty much full of targets. So its not looking good, to put it mildly.
 Would you survive? - Dog
I've just exploded, yeah, a 10kt HEU device over London and ya know what, it hasn't affected me down 'ere ... yet.
 Would you survive? - madf
The fallout in the rainwater /water supply will kill you...
 Would you survive? - Old Navy
If anyone starts using nuclear weapons it won't be just one of them, the UK would be a smoking hole in the ground. You are never far from a military, infrasructure, or government facility of some sort.
 Would you survive? - Dog
Me no mad me no silly - I would stay indoors until it all blew over.

8-}
 Would you survive? - The Melting Snowman
I would hope to die in the initial attack, rather than a slow poisoning from the radiation.

The World would be a much nicer place without humans.
 Would you survive? - Ted

I've no chance...the map shows one exploding in Cheetham Hill ( no great loss ) but it's only about 5 miles from Chez Ted.

If I select the target I want..... Old Trafford Footy Ground...it just gets to within 2 miles of me...bums !

Given a bit of notice, I'd fill the caravan with food, hitch up and head off to our friends in the Lyvennet Valley. Better get the towbar fitted after NYD. I suspect there may be a lot of traffic on the M61/M6....Sod it...I've got a reet big load of booze in atm.
 Would you survive? - legacylad
I thought I knew the LD and outlying areas pretty well, but the Lyvennett Valley is a new one on me. So it's maps out & walk planning time. I've recently led a few walks circumnavigating the Bretherdale & Borrowdale valleys, E from Hucks Bridge, which is several miles N of Kendal on the A6 with a large lay by. Nice quiet part of the world, although now part of the recently extended LDNP. A good pal of mine, editor of Lakeland Walker, plagiarised one of my walks for inclusion in the mag following the LDNP extension which now encompasses the area.
Highly recommended if you can cope with 12 or so miles. Avoid after rain as it can be boggy in parts.
 Would you survive? - Dog
Keep it under your hat but I've just dropped an 'Ivy King' on Yafo. The airport remains operational.
 Would you survive? - DP
Living somewhere half way ish between Sandhurst and Aldershot, we'd be toast.
 Would you survive? - DP
That 50 MT tested Tsar Bomba is terrifying.

The pressure wave from a single airburst over the City of London would cause buildings to collapse almost out to Heathrow, and the thermal radiation would result in 3rd degree burns to exposed skin to people in Reading. Mindblowing.

The 100 MT version (designed) is even scarier.

After careful consideration, the place to be is at Ground Zero. And very, very drunk.
Even if you survived the bombs, the collapse of the infrastructure would get you, no food, electricity, gas, phones, car fuel, prescribed drugs, medical treatment, descent into anarchy etc.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Wed 21 Dec 16 at 11:25
You mean it would be even worse than Brexit?
May I refer you to my post in "One steps down" at 08:39 today. :-)

and Spamcans -

While the comfortable very well off continue to count their money and the great unwashed 'working' folk lose their jobs. Well done everybody.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Wed 21 Dec 16 at 12:31
Best retire to my survival bunker until negotiations are complete.
Do you think 10 years food is enough?
Latest Forum Posts