Non-motoring > Furniture Discount Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Clk Sec Replies: 11

Furniture Discount - Clk Sec
Have any C4ers been able to negotiate a discount when buying items of furniture from Next, as Mrs CS has spotted something rather expensive?

I don't normally try to haggle with the big boys, but as they seem happy to offer interest free credit, might they also be prepared to knock off a percentage for cash?

I'll give it a try, anyway.
 Furniture Discount - Zero
from next? I would say you have little chance, local staff have little leeway over head office.

At your large furniture emporium tho, yes its on the cards..

Furniture Discount - L'escargot
I recently negotiated a discount at Harveys.
Discount or no discount, it has to be Next for this particular item, so I'm told!
 Furniture Discount - Zero
I have been there, I sympathise.
Ah! I'm not alone, then.
 Furniture Discount - bathtub tom
I've just ordered some G-plan furniture from a local place. Tried the negotiation route and they wouldn't budge.

I've previously tried at some of these national chains that advertise on the telly. You know the type of places - nothing to pay for eighteen months. I got the impression they're selling finance with some cheap, rubbishy furniture thrown in for free. They couldn't seem to get their heads round a customer that was prepared to pay cash.

I've also just ordered a table. SWMBO searched the web thingmy and found the cheapest for that particular manufacturer and model.
 Furniture Discount - Kevin
A friend of mine fitting out his first house always asked what discount he could get for an immediate cash sale.

Even the managers at big retail chains would manage to find an 'employee' or 'promotional' discount rather than lose a guaranteed sale.

You won't know until you ask.

Kevin...
 Furniture Discount - Bellboy
dont forget to buy some old milk bottles while your in there
www.next.co.uk/shopping/homeware/living-room-accents/78/9
 Furniture Discount - mikeyb
You need to find a friend who works there. We used to have one (step son of a friend) and IIRC he got 25% discount, but you couldn't take the interest free option. Wish he still worked there :-(
 Furniture Discount - Dog
((dont forget to buy some old milk bottles while your in there))

They could possibly be Etruscan, possibly.
 Furniture Discount - Roger.
There are some stupendous furniture bargains on eBay.
My daughter bought an Ercol extendible table, four dining chairs and two carvers for £350.
Excellent condition- the dining chairs alone are over £100 each and the model is still current!
Latest Forum Posts