Non-motoring > Returning goods to Amazon Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 9

Returning goods to Amazon - bathtub tom
I bought a pair of trainers from Amazon (not an Amazon seller) and the wrong size turned up. The box label had the correct size on it, but a different size were inside!

Have you ever tried returning stuff to them? It took me ages to find the procedure and then I thought the most convenient way would be to drop them off at a 'drop box'. The system took me all the way through to printing the return label and then it states the maximum size of the package 30x30x30cm. Mine was bigger. I then had to find out how to cancel that procedure and find another way.

I've had to ask for a refund as there's no way I can find of swapping them for the right size. There is a process for changing the size, but as I want the size I ordered it won't accept me asking for the same size again.

I spent over an hour going through the different options. I couldn't find one giving me the choice of speaking to a person!

What chance of the right size turning up if order them again (I'll wait for the refund first)?
 Returning goods to Amazon - sherlock47
Why not order a replacement size 1 up, and then get another replacement for the correct size?
 Returning goods to Amazon - Dog
Just return the ones and twos under the 'distance selling regs.' then order another pair.

I've bought loadsa stuff from Amazon (returned loadsa stuff too) without any probs.

Prime is amazing - I've just ordered some Taylors ground coffee and it'll be here tomorrow via DPD.
 Returning goods to Amazon - Manatee
Amazon are in general pretty good for returns, bit like many processes these days it it works when it fits the designed flow. Once it comes off the conveyor belt it becomes very hard work.

>>What chance of the right size turning up if order them again (I'll wait for the refund first)?

Better if you cross out the size on the box, and write in the size of the shoes actually in it. At least they might not put them straight back in the post to you.

Not Amazon, but my daughter is into her second month of getting a legitimate refund from Zulily (women's stuff). The return address is a PO Box. She returned the goods via Parcelforce (offered as an option on the Royal Mail website) who when chased up had simply left it in their warehouse as undeliverable, as they could not find a street address to deliver it to. Zulily is no longer at the one they have. Googling reveals that Zulily closed its UK "fulfilment centre" some time ago, so presumably Royal Mail is forwarding this stuff to the USA. So she will have to get it back from Parcelforce and try sending by Royal Mail (expensive) and hope it works. She will not be using Zulily again.
 Returning goods to Amazon - sherlock47
>>Better if you cross out the size on the box, and write in the size of the shoes actually in it. At least they might not put them straight back in the post to you.<<

Probably would not be handled by a human being (or one that can read english) - maybe better if the barcode (or similar) is changed or corrupted :)
 Returning goods to Amazon - Manatee
>>maybe better if the barcode (or similar) is changed or corrupted :)

Good point, although I was being slightly TIC. Returns are jobbed off as often as not.
 Returning goods to Amazon - car4play
I would return them using exactly the procedure that Amazon gives you regardless of whether the size is slightly bigger or not. It's the option they wanted you to use after all. Forget talking to a person. I'm not sure there is anyone you can talk to anyway.

Good luck with whether they actually ship the correct item, because their computer system almost certainly has the wrong thing entered and they will likely just send you the wrong thing again.

I have had a UPS battery shipped as Epson toner three times now. They outside of the package says "Caution battery" but the contents are so lightweight you would know instantly it isn't a lead-acid battery.
 Returning goods to Amazon - Bromptonaut
I've always found the returns process fine both for items that stop working and when I've got it wrong (cable router ordered instead of ADSL type with modem). Just print off a label, stick it on original delivery box, and take it to either PO or the Asda in town with a collection point.

IIRC there used to be a free text box for use when none of standard reasons for return apply.
 Returning goods to Amazon - Pat
Yes, I've never had a problem with returning anything to Amazon.

I follow the same procedure as Bromp.

Pat
 Returning goods to Amazon - Clk Sec
>> Yes, I've never had a problem with returning anything to Amazon.

Same here. I returned a plumbing item to a Amazon company just last week using the free return label emailed to me a few days earlier. They asked me to let them have sight of the proof of posting, then immediately emailed confirmation of their refund. The refund notification was confirmed by Amazon the following day.
Latest Forum Posts