Non-motoring > Creepy clowns Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 29

Creepy clowns - Manatee
Is it only a matter of time before one of these idiots is severely duffed up, or worse, by one of his victims in "self defence"?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37605841
 Creepy clowns - sooty123
Already happened in the US, a teenager was stabbed to death after trying to scare someone.
 Creepy clowns - Old Navy

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3832731/Killer-Clown-armed-baseball-bat-gets-HEADBUTTED-picking-wrong-victim-scare-multi-storey-car-park.html
 Creepy clowns - TheManWithNoName
Nothing a custard pie containing a 4 inch nail won't solve.
 Creepy clowns - Dave_
The best comment I've heard on this subject so far:

"Are they real clowns, or just people dressing up in clown costumes?"

Give me strength.
 Creepy clowns - MD
Now you've put your foot in it!
 Creepy clowns - TheManWithNoName
There'll be an incident and then a whitewash!
 Creepy clowns - CGNorwich
I'm intrigued by this story. According to the internet and tabloid papers aggressive clowns are everywhere. I have never seen one however and nor has anyone else I know. The stories of alleged incidents always seem always to be third hand.

Has anyone ever seen one of these clowns? Is this story completely delusional. A sort of hysteria?
 Creepy clowns - Crankcase
I subscribe to a website for "local people", and on there this morning a chap said his grandson was accosted by someone in a clown costume last night (giving time and location) and said clown "shot him in the arm with a toy gun, so beware".

So not direct experience, but unless he was fibbing, that was just up the road. Also

www.cambridge-news.co.uk/child-scared-to-leave-home-after-chase-along-cambridge-street-by-middle-aged-man-dressed-as-clown/story-29808561-detail/story.html

Weight those as you will.
 Creepy clowns - sooty123
No doubt there's plenty of videos if you search. No I can't say I've seen one, however I've no doubt they are real.
"No I can't say I've seen one, however I've no doubt they are real."

I rest my case
 Creepy clowns - sooty123
Well I've seen the videos and pictures of them, I could have imagined them all I suppose. I've not seen the North Pole, nor do I know anyone that's seen it, but I've no doubt it's real.
Nobody has seen the North Pole. It's a purely theoretical point. ;-)
 Creepy clowns - Crankcase
>> Nobody has seen the North Pole. It's a purely theoretical point. ;-)
>>

Surely not? It's a real point, even if we can't see it optically.
No it's a purely artificial concept. The real pole would be the axis about which the earth rotates but the problem with that is that the earth wobbles on its axis so the real pole wanders about from year to year albeit a matter of a few metre

Wherever it happens to be at any time is called the "Instantaneous Pole

Now from a mapping point of view that's not very satisfactory so scientist have calculated an arbitrary North Pole.

None of this to be confused with the Magnetic Pole which is something entirely different.
 Creepy clowns - sooty123
I remember being taught the conversion for map reading; mag to grid get rid, grid to mag add. Add to what I can't remember, probably useful at some point though.
 Creepy clowns - Old Navy
I read somewhere that that the earth is overdue for a magnetic pole reversal, that will be interesting when it happens.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Fri 14 Oct 16 at 20:43
 Creepy clowns - MD
>> I read somewhere that that the earth is overdue for a magnetic pole reversal, that
>> will be interesting when it happens.
>>
That's very negative O.N.
 Creepy clowns - sooty123
I think you need a more positive attitude.
 Creepy clowns - Old Navy
Not negative, positively realistic. Google magnetic pole reversal.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Fri 14 Oct 16 at 20:59
The Magnetic North Pole is of course a south pole manetcally speaking.
 Creepy clowns - Cliff Pope
>> The Magnetic North Pole is of course a south pole magnetically speaking.
>>

I thought it was in fact the only real north pole, all the other ones on magnets and compasses etc being strictly speaking "north-seeking poles" ?
 Creepy clowns - Fullchat
Magnetic variation is used when working out a bearing using a map from A to B. Grid lines meet at Grid North. When setting a compass to walk from A to B one needs to add the current magnetic variation, as compass needles point towards Magnetic North. The difference currently is 3deg 38min. Annual change is 10min towards Grid North.

So say you had measured 270 deg on the map. You would set your compass to 274 deg. Grid to Mag add.

Asleep yet? :)
 Creepy clowns - R.P.
Are we discussing Ched's moral compass again ?
 Creepy clowns - Bromptonaut

>> Magnetic North. The difference currently is 3deg 38min. Annual change is 10min towards Grid North.

Same variation rule applies vis a vis true north. Airport runways are described by the first two digits of their magnetic bearing. So a north south runway would be 18/36 dependent on direction of use. As magnetic north moves they're gradually renumberd so Heathrow's 10/28 pair are now 09/27 anfd Leeds Bradford's 15/33 became 14/32.

Zzzzzzzz.
 Creepy clowns - tyrednemotional
>>......... According to the internet and tabloid papers aggressive clowns are
>> everywhere.......
>>
>> Has anyone ever seen one of these clowns? Is this story completely delusional. A sort
>> of hysteria?
>>

..from what I've gathered, there is opinion that quite a few post/have posted on here. (Though recent publicity may have frightened some away).

;-)
 Creepy clowns - Bromptonaut
There was one in Northampton a year or so ago, might even have been the original but I never saw him/her.

Is it a Halloween related phenomenon?
 Creepy clowns - Old Navy
Two twelve year olds have been arrested in my area for intimidating behaviour, they must have been a real nuisance for the plods to lift them. Maybe it was for their protection. :-)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Fri 14 Oct 16 at 15:14
 Creepy clowns - tyrednemotional
...were they on bikes....?
 Creepy clowns - Old Navy
www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/298849/exclusive-two-12-year-old-boys-charged-killer-clown-incidents-fife/
Latest Forum Posts