Non-motoring > SkyHD box - audio quieter since update Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 9

SkyHD box - audio quieter since update - VxFan
Whilst the audio output always been quieter than freeview, since the recent update it's now even quieter.

To give an example, when watching the TV in freeview, we always have the volume set to 14.
Watching Sky, we have to turn up the audio to anywhere between 24 and 34 on the TV. BBC1 seems to be the quietest channel. The HD channels are slightly louder, but not much.

However since the update, we're now having to ramp up the volume anywhere between 30 and 50, depending on the channel being watched.

Annoying when switching back to freeview as the sound almost blasts us out of the room unless we remember to turn it back down beforehand.

Checked all the leads and connections. Makes no difference whether the SkyHD box is connected through an HDMI lead, Scart Lead, or good old UHF lead.

Granted we could watch TV through the SKYHD box all the time, but that's not practical as the box is linked through to a TV in another room so Sky can be watched there too.
 SkyHD box - audio quieter since update - No FM2R
The Sky boxes used to have a volume adjustment independent of the TV. I don't know if they still do.
Forgot to mention, checked the settings. But that feature has been done away with.

IIRC, it's an Amstrad box.

Looks like I am not alone.

helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky/Low-sound-level-on-Sky-HD-box/m-p/2516815/highlight/true#M54092

And that particular thread was started way back in May 2014.
 SkyHD box - audio quieter since update - Stuartli
See the last but one comment in this link - it might help:

helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky/Low-sound-level-on-Sky-HD-box/td-p/1989070

plus

helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky/Volume-output-low/td-p/2210253/page/2
 SkyHD box - audio quieter since update - R.P.
Ours was as well. Went to settings and made sure it was talking Dolby to the sound-bar. Sound is now actually better now than pre-update.
 SkyHD box - audio quieter since update - Robin O'Reliant
My Freesat box is the same on BBC1, but on the HD channel it is ok.
 SkyHD box - audio quieter since update - Bigtee
Just changed mine to Dolby D let's see if it makes a difference it was set to normal on the HDMI setting.
 SkyHD box - audio quieter since update - Robin O'Reliant
Hello Bigtee, where ya bin?
 SkyHD box - audio quieter since update - Bigtee
Got bored of the old chat looked in yesterday see how it goes. :-)
I tried changing it to all the options available. There was no difference between any of them.
Latest Forum Posts