Non-motoring > One for Dodger Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 17

One for Dodger - Dog
You've lived in Andalucía, Roger - what's wrong with this property. It seems too-good-to-be-true to me.

www.greenshifters.co.uk/for_sale/2710_4_Bed_Olive_Farm_Market_Garden_Separate_Apartment
 One for Dodger - rtj70
>> what's wrong with this property. It seems too-good-to-be-true to me.

You'll need a visa to live there? Who cares, it's in the EU. :-)
Last edited by: rtj70 on Mon 12 Sep 16 at 19:58
 One for Dodger - Dog
>>You'll need a visa to live there? Who cares, it's in the EU. :-)

The way things are going I'll be brown bread before we exit the Union.
 One for Dodger - legacylad
The main problem is that it isn't located in North Yorkshire.....
 One for Dodger - Dog
>>The main problem is that it isn't located in North Yorkshire.....

Well, if it was, it would be three times the price.
 One for Dodger - legacylad
And worth every penny...
 One for Dodger - No FM2R
>> >>You'll need a visa to live there? Who cares, it's in the EU. :-)
>>
>> The way things are going I'll be brown bread before we exit the Union.
>>

You tease.
 One for Dodger - Roger.
>> >> what's wrong with this property. It seems too-good-to-be-true to me.
>>
>> You'll need a visa to live there? Who cares, it's in the EU. :-)
>>

If Britons need the same requirements to live in Spain as Spaniards do to live in Britain, I can see no problem with that.
I think that touted scare stories post-exit from the E.U. ( NOT Europe) are premature. I holidayed in Spain before the UK joined the E.E. and British people were able to live in Europe then, too.
To avoid contention that is all I will say, even if there are anti-Brexit replies!
As has been said in another thread, the forum has become "nicer" recently, let's keep it that way. :-)
 One for Dodger - sherlock47
I think that you will find that this is the property.

www.google.fr/maps/@37.2276627,-5.4246127,103m/data=!3m1!1e3

Just 3 minutes with Google and using the sales details.

One for Dodger - Dog
>>I think that you will find that this is the property.

>>www.google.fr/maps/@37.2276627,-5.4246127,103m/data=!3m1!1e3

= www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5xovVHU16I

:(
 One for Dodger - sooty123
Thought that would be up right up your street dog.
 One for Dodger - Dog
I'm not getting any younger sooty, knowlmean.
 One for Dodger - Roger.
>> You've lived in Andalucía, Roger - what's wrong with this property. It seems too-good-to-be-true to
>> me.
>>
>> www.greenshifters.co.uk/for_sale/2710_4_Bed_Olive_Farm_Market_Garden_Separate_Apartment
>>

It may be an illegal dwelling on designated rural land, split off from a larger designated area.
 One for Dodger - Dog
>>It may be an illegal dwelling on designated rural land, split off from a larger designated area.

And a damn sight hotter in July/August than say coastal areas of Malaga etc.
 One for Dodger - martin aston
Like a lot of property featured in "let's live abroad" property shows it seems to be in the middle of nowhere. Driving 11 km for a pint of milk and toiling the fields are not my idea of a lifestyle. Anyway each to his own.

What may hold the price back is that Spanish rural properties can have agricultural restrictions on them that mean you can't just use it as a residence without working the land. No idea if it applies in this case it's just one of a myriad of things buyers need to confirm.

Still looks like a good buy for the right person if it all checked out.
 One for Dodger - Dog
>> Driving 11 km for a pint of milk and toiling the fields are not my idea of a lifestyle

7 miles - a similar distance from Warleggan on Bodmin Moor to Bodmin town when we lived there, so no problem really and, we have a freezer :)

>>What may hold the price back is that Spanish rural properties can have agricultural restrictions

Similar to an agricultural tie in this country. I've often wondered if there was a way round that when I've seen some nice properties with said restrictions - grow a few lettuces or have a few hens running about.

>>Still looks like a good buy for the right person if it all checked out

Yep, and that's the 207,000 EUR question!
 One for Dodger - rtj70
You could be onto something about needing to work the land to have residence - you'd have thought the current owners, being settled there, would just retire. You have to wonder why they are moving.
 One for Dodger - sooty123
I think it says they want to downsize, looks a big old place to look after.
Latest Forum Posts