Non-motoring > What a voice Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 18

What a voice - Pat
Something for Focus and Dog.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk7RVw3I8eg&feature=share

Pat
 What a voice - Dog
Quite wonderful ~ I'm sure Paul and Art would approve.

Where is Focus these days I wonder?
 What a voice - Pat
Following a new career as a Roadie for his son, I wonder:)

Pat
 What a voice - Dog
Cop hold of this then Pat ~ www.youtube.com/watch?v=D97gP-1zyqQ&feature=youtu.be
 What a voice - Pat
That's seriously good Dog, and one of my favourites too!

Pat
 What a voice - Dog
>>That's seriously good Dog

One-of my faves too Pat - I know every note of that Pink Floyd composition, and that's about as good as it gets.

Why, I even fancy putting a few shekels in the collection myself!
 What a voice - zippy
There is a very old film of Pink Floyd in a snug somewhere putting together "Wish You Were Here" or similar.

All acoustic and very rough around the edges and totally mesmerising.

I can't find it at the moment :-(

What a voice - Dog
There's a DiViD here which I didn't know about and, being an avid Pink Floyd fan I'll have to obtain a copy:

www.amazon.co.uk/Story-Wish-Were-Here-NTSC/dp/B007KIZ4V0

What a voice - Dog
See what you make of this Pat. it came via a friend who worked for Rick Wright for 30 years.

Personally, I don't know what the **** to make of it :) www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C5sB6AqJkM
 What a voice - Bobby
Murdered the song!
 What a voice - rtj70
I don't get it. That link to Youtube must be wrong because that is not something anyone would listen to.

So what am I missing from this? I assume there's something. I'm not into Pink Floyd but that's just weird.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Sat 17 Sep 16 at 00:55
 What a voice - Dog
>>So what am I missing from this? I assume there's something.

But what? .. I don't know if there's any Pink Floyd con-nection.

I sent her (der Freund) Pat's YouTube and my one of the y**s (rhymes wiv kids) playing Shine On yoos one helluva Crazy Diamente, which she enjoyed immensely and replied "Do you know Bon Iver?"
To which I replied, no but, I've found GOD.

:}
 What a voice - Dog
Try this for size Rob: www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxMHjTMkLHw
 What a voice - John Boy
Well, I've tried and I've tried, but I still think his music is rubbish. For anyone who doesn't, there's an interview with him here:
tinyurl.com/j4xj3xu
 What a voice - Duncan
Elton John is performing at The Stoop, Harlequins Ground, in Twickenham on June 3rd next year. There has been some debate on the Quins supporters forum as to whether, and how much, people would pay to see him perform. Most people think 40 quid is quite reasonable.

What!!

How much??

It must be me.

tinyurl.com/hgycuq5
Last edited by: Duncan on Sun 25 Sep 16 at 08:49
 What a voice - sooty123
I thought it would be more than that, no doubt they'll be on ebay for multiples more shortly. And people will pay it.
 What a voice - R.P.
Saw EJ live at Colwyn Bay. Seats in the front block weren't cheap but worth every penny !
 What a voice - John Boy
The Guardian had a good article the other day, which goes a long way for me to explaining what Bon Iver is about:

tinyurl.com/jhqfln2

It reminded me of complaining to a young punk years ago that I didn't get Siouxsie and the Banshees. He suggested I try and treat her voice as another instrument, rather than listen to the lyrics. My big musical hero was Bob Dylan, whose lyrics are everything, so that advice meant a big turnaround for me. I followed it, however, and it worked to a large degree. Anyway the first track, which Dog posted, is now growing on me. My mistake was probably listening whilst looking at the visuals on my monitor screen - listening on headphones in the dark is a completely different experience.
 What a voice - Dog
Thanks for that John Boy. I didn't know his real name was Justin Vernon. I'll send the Guardian article to my friend who introduced me to Bon Iver.

Erm, talking of headphones ... I recently forked out 90 notes on a pair of Grado SR80e open-back jobbies = money well spent!
Latest Forum Posts