Non-motoring > A phone scam Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Slidingpillar Replies: 9

A phone scam - Slidingpillar
If you use Google to list shops and use the phone number on Google, not the shop's own site.

There is a parasite setting up 070 9330 numbers to call the correct phone number of the shop, but at a hideous price to the caller. My brother has noticed as he's a shopkeeper but Google have not yet switched back (think he only called them on Friday). I've just put a warning on his shop's website as I maintain it - it's all in the family etc.

This is not naming and shaming, I don't know the parasites name, and in any event, this is entirely factual. I've only not given the shop name as I'm not advertising
 A phone scam - R.P.
No issues SP. Good advice.
 A phone scam - zippy
Thank for the heads up!

Hitting banks too...

www.dailymail.co.uk/money/article-3687232/Phone-trap-costs-Santander-customers-65p-minute-accidentally-leave-digit-bank-s-free-hotline-number.html
Last edited by: zippy on Sun 11 Sep 16 at 23:31
I've now got to the bottom of this. As far as I can tell, nothing actually illegal has been done. However, I cannot post more details as it would amount to naming and shaming.

Email me for more if you run or a relative runs a small business. And yes, I know this forum doesn’t publish email addresses, but if you can't work out who I am from the Slidingpillar name - you're not doing very well!

or use Report button and send a mail with your email address in, which we can forward
Last edited by: smokie on Wed 14 Sep 16 at 10:00
 BT phone scam - bathtub tom
There's a scam I heard of yesterday.

You get a call purporting to be from BT. They say you've overpaid your line rental and they want to refund you. They ask for the last two digits of your bank account and what appears to be your bank statement shows up online with a five thousand pound credit. The caller then pretends to be in a panic over his mistake and asks you to pay back £4550 otherwise he'll lose his job.
 A phone scam - BrianByPass

>> t if you can't work out
>> who I am from the Slidingpillar name - you're not doing very well!
>>

Sorry but I am not one of the high IQ grumpy old farts who went off to a new pub.

I have absolutely zero idea what the Slidingpillar name is meant to signify.
Put this way, try Googling it...
 A phone scam - BrianByPass
>> Put this way, try Googling it...
>>

Thanks.
brain by pass
 A phone scam - Armel Coussine
Morgan front suspension
Has springs in compression not in tension
Morgan front suspension
Has springs in compression not in tension

True, but are not most car springs in compression? Or do you mean the fact that the effective rate of the springs is lowered by the rebound spring and when that is no longer in compression, the overall rate of both the mainspring and the rebound is reduced. Rather the opposite of what is ideal, rising rate springing.

More of an issue with the heavier four wheelers. The springs on my three wheeler probably have little more than 1" of movement!
Latest Forum Posts