Non-motoring > Aargh! It begins... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 24

Aargh! It begins... - Crankcase
It's only September 8th and...

www.johnlewis.com/christmas/c5000025?rdr=1

Any signs around you?
 Aargh! It begins... - VxFan
Saw mention that Christmas mince pies are already on sale, but their sell by date will be up long before the big day.

metro.co.uk/2016/09/06/supermarkets-are-already-selling-christmas-mince-pies-6111499/
 Aargh! It begins... - Mike Hannon
We bought our charity Christmas cards in the UK a couple of weeks ago. But needs must.
I bought mine just after last Christmas in the sales, and they're on standby in the loft ready for this year.
 Aargh! It begins... - Clk Sec
Had a mince pie and coffee in Waitrose yesterday. Does that count?

Actually, a pub just down the road has had a board outside advertising their Christmas dinner. It's been there for about a month now.
>> It's been there for about a month now.

And no one has stolen, vandalised, or defaced it yet! Wow.
 Aargh! It begins... - Clk Sec
>> And no one has stolen, vandalised, or defaced it yet! Wow.

That sort of thing just doesn't happen around here, but purely as a precaution, it's put out with the various tables and chairs in the morning and returned with same at night.
;)
 Aargh! It begins... - Ian (Cape Town)
have they released the follow-up to 'paedo on the moon' yet?
 Aargh! It begins... - sooty123
I've not seen any 'public' advertising yet, but I know they advertise christmas work dos months before, i think ours was all paid for months ago.
 Aargh! It begins... - devonite
They leave the street lights up all year here! - just turn them on or off when they think times right!
 Aargh! It begins... - Robin O'Reliant
I've been delivering the stuff to customers for over a month now.
 Aargh! It begins... - Runfer D'Hills
I see Christmas as something to be endured rather than enjoyed.
 Aargh! It begins... - Robin O'Reliant
>> I see Christmas as something to be endured rather than enjoyed.
>>

They all say that. I bet your house is festooned with outside flashing lights from mid November on.
Local Tesco have got their Christmas stuff on sale.

Looks like they've skipped Halloween, and Bonfire night again, just like previous years.

Easter egg anyone?
 Aargh! It begins... - henry k
>> Easter egg anyone?
>>
IIRC M& S sell luxury hot cross buns all year round.
We do indeed have a string of chav lights which my wife forces me to attach to the underside of the the rain gutters at Christmas. However, I resist her instructions until the weekend before the event and remove them on New Year's Day. I've also got a timer for them which I set to ensure that they are operating when she returns from work, but which is also set to turn them off shortly afterwards.

Things can be managed.😉
>> We do indeed have a string of chav lights which my wife forces me to
>> attach to the underside of the the rain gutters at Christmas.

If not acceptable at least understandable knowing where you live ;)
It does indeed bring many crosses to bear Sooty. I despair sometimes, but as the years pass, I grow to accept things more. I may, in time, affect a medallion.
You sound like a shining example to many. Your medal is in the post.

;)

Ps how's the LAT running?
Last edited by: sooty123 on Sat 10 Sep 16 at 21:25
Doing well, 11,000 miles already. Apart from the deeply embarrassing scuff on the near side front alloy. Quite emasculatingly obvious sadly.
Sounds like you like it which is always a good thing to hear.
Yes well like you say crosses to bear. Hopefully none of the other LAT drivers at terminal one have noticed.
I'm trying to train my dog to sit by it to block the view when it's parked. He doesn't seem to fully grasp the importance of it yet.
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Sat 10 Sep 16 at 21:49
 Aargh! It begins... - mikeyb
>> Doing well, 11,000 miles already. Apart from the deeply embarrassing scuff on the near side
>> front alloy. Quite emasculatingly obvious sadly.
>>

Hows the fuel consumption now? I think you mentioned early on it was a bit worse than your old one, but still a bit tight?
Just about ok, 46 mostly. Old one got 48 in similar conditions, maybe I have to press the pedal harder for the same result. Dunno.
 Aargh! It begins... - Ian (Cape Town)
Twinkle twinkle litltle star played at the local Fruit and Veg superstore this am.
I know it isn't a carol, but pretty Xmassy.
Latest Forum Posts