Non-motoring > Reed diffusers Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 9

Reed diffusers - legacylad
I am trying to locate somewhere I can buy this stuff in bulk... Or at least in larger jars/ bottles than the stuff available in supermarkets. The elderly aunt is in a nursing home and her flat smells musty ( always did) and I cannot leave windows open wide. Her nursing home room is the same and my elderly mothers house starting to go the same way!
Hence I could go with a litre bottle of the stuff. I've looked online but without success....
Any help much appreciated
 Reed diffusers - devonite
Would a small de-humidifier work? by drying and circulating the air it may help combat the mustiness.
Last edited by: devonite on Tue 23 Aug 16 at 12:13
 Reed diffusers - mikeyb
Have you tried different brands? We had a couple of the cheap ones which didn't really last that long, and then Mrs B bought one from Molton Brown.

The lady in the shop said it would last 6 - 9 months.........sounded to good to be true, but its now 7 months old and still smells good
 Reed diffusers - Crankcase
Had to google that. Never heard of reed diffusers before. Always like to learn something though.

We have a haunted cupboard and the only way of keeping the musty damp smell under control is a little electric dehumidifier in there permanently. Works well and from memory was about £10 or so and a few pence a week to run.

Reed diffusers - sooty123
>> Had to google that. Never heard of reed diffusers before. Always like to learn something
>> though.

Me neither, although when I searched for them i had seen them before. No idea till know what they were called.
 Reed diffusers - CGNorwich
Effectively you ar just masking the smell. The only real answer is thorough cleaning and ventilation
If you think I'm gonna bath my 98yo aunt and 88yo mother, then stick em in front of an open window you can chuff off
 Reed diffusers - rtj70
I don't think CGN is suggesting your relatives are the source of the smell. The properties need airing at the very least. If you wanted to borrow a small dehumidifier you're welcome but I live the other side of the Pennines.
I think they they are the source of the smell. They are old.
Probably need turning inside out and leaving on the line in a good breeze
 Reed diffusers - tyrednemotional
>> If you wanted to borrow a small dehumidifier you're welcome but I live the other side of the Pennines.

...in which case, I think your need may be greater than LL's..........
Last edited by: tyrednemotional on Tue 23 Aug 16 at 22:50
Latest Forum Posts