Non-motoring > Do I? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: devonite Replies: 22

Do I? - devonite
Dogs bein P.i.A's wanting to go walks! - me says to hot! they think different, back me up guy's!! ;-)
 Do I? - Pat
Can you stand on the pavement in your bare feet?

If not, then the answer is no.

Burnt paws are painful.

Pat
 Do I? - devonite
told them that Pat, but bein mobbed by insistent Bull-Terrier crosses ain't no fun! ;-(
 Do I? - Pat
Look, I'm currently ignoring 5 cats telling me it's lunch time.

Who's the boss there?:)

Pat
 Do I? - devonite
they are ;-( i'll take 'em later! i'll just have to suffer! - no fun this ere pet lark!
 Do I? - Ambo
Right! Can anyone tell me what substance to use on my fingers to stop our Burmese kitten from chewing them off? I don't think animal repellent will work. I sprayed our drive entrance with it to discourage his predecessor from crossing on to the road. I found him later, taking his ease sprawled over the sprayed patch.
 Do I? - Dog
>>Can anyone tell me what substance to use on my fingers to stop our Burmese kitten from chewing them off?

Try rubbing a cayenne chilli on your fingers, but be very careful with your todger when, um, watering the flowers!!
 Do I? - devonite
cut the "fingers" off an old pair of leather driving gloves, and stick 'em on your digits! ;-)
 Do I? - sooty123
Be careful they don't get a taste for it. I know someone the vet advised to put chilli around the house on thumbs to stop it chewing them, such as cupboard doors. It just did it more!
 Do I? - devonite
Yep! I tried chilli on the kitchen door when "Pig" was a pup, she loved it! and can now manage a full Vindaloo! ;-(
 Do I? - Dog
>>Be careful they don't get a taste for it.

My previous dog (Ridgeback) used to love chilli. Dogs obviously have different taste buds compared to homo saps.
 Do I? - Ian (Cape Town)
Binky the cat used to love me after I'd used bleach for cleaning stuff.
Even after a good wash with soap.

For some reason, would jump on my lap and lick my fingers. Weird.
 Do I? - devonite
I had a Rabbit called Binky when i was a kid back in the 60's! - come to think of it, I had a lot of Rabbits then, got a "new" one every couple of months! Don't know why they always seemed to escape just before weekend!
 Do I? - Ian (Cape Town)
>>Don't know why they always seemed to escape just
>> before weekend!

It does taste like chicken...

A few years back, a neighbour brought me some lovely venison. After a few days of marinating in cranberries and pork fat, it was lovely.
Eldest kid was well enthused, little one asks 'what kind of meat is this?', was told by elder it was 'dinosaur meat'.
Much hilarity.
 Do I? - Slidingpillar
Try using a Scotch Bonnet pepper. A trifle lot hotter and you will find them in Asian Greengrocers in the UK.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_scale
 Do I? - Dog
I have 2 x fried eggs for breakfast from Mon - Fri (muesli at weekends) and smother said eggs in cayenne pepper (www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/NaturalFood/Cayenne)
but I don't reckon on trying that with Scotch Bonnet or Trinidad Scorpion Butch T any time soon.
 Do I? - devonite
get a removed notice from that link Doggo! ;-)
 Do I? - Dog
It basically goes along the lines of:

"If you master only one herb in your life, master cayenne pepper. It is more powerful than any other."
 Do I? - devonite
Ah! - and you smother fried eggs in it???
 Do I? - Dog
Yup - more like cayenne pepper with eggs really I sup hose.

:o}
 Do I? - Pat
Ambo

I have to ask, have you had a Burmese before?:)

If not you have a delightful journey ahead for a few years yet. Ours is 23 years old now and still runs rings around us all with his guile and intelligence.

He suffers badly with arthritis now but I caught him chasing a moth around a polished tiled floor yesterday in that heat, but he thought I wasn't looking and still asked me (loudly!) to lift him down from the sofa when the sympathy limp kicked in.

Burmese are delightful, let him chew your fingers but recognise all he wants is for you to talk to him:)

They love a good conversation and you are expected to understand exactly what they are telling you!

Pat
 Do I? - Ambo
>>have you had a Burmese before?

Yes, and what you describe seems characteristic of the breed (and to apply to Siamese cats as well). 23 years is phenomenal. The first contracted a cancer of the neck after only 10 years and had to be helped on his way. Both have been "Brown Boys". This one is rather aggressive but next month's visit to the vet for the unkindest cut of all will hopefully calm him down.
 Do I? - Ian (Cape Town)
With pat on this.
Hosepipe (unless there's a ban), tennis ball, and squirt the ball around the garden, getting dawg suitably damp and watering the lawn at the same time.
Latest Forum Posts