Non-motoring > Klaatu barada nikto Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 27

Klaatu barada nikto - Dog
www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/7923069/Nasa-scientists-braced-for-solar-tsunami-to-hit-earth.html
 Klaatu barada nikto - Bellboy
there were some strange clouds in the sky last night
 Klaatu barada nikto - R.P.
A Nasa spokesman was unavailable for comment.

Probably wrapped himself in tinfoil and hiding under the table and posting on here under an assumed name.
Apologies for the title heading but my communicator requires a software update,
I was advised of the solar tsunami via a federation ship message, cleverly disguised as a national newspaper,
It will be interesting to see if DAB Radio and/or Digital TV is affected.
 Klaatu barada nikto - Zero
I remember the last warning of this, we were warned that those who were not killed by satelites flling on us, would be burned to a crisp by uber radiation or exploding pacemakers.

It never happened. AT worse, you may get some speckles on your FM radio.,
Woe, woe and thrice woe!
At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke. "Woe to me!" I cried.
 Klaatu barada nikto - Tooslow
Thanks for saving us all Dog, you've uttered the magic words.

JH
 Klaatu barada nikto - Cpt. Flack
A square head and three great big eyes. DTESS, best scifi film ever. I'll better watch it before the lights go out ;-)
>>Thanks for saving us all Dog, you've uttered the magic words.<<

Aw shucks ... t'was all in a days work really,
with a little help from International Rescue :)

IIRC, DTESS was in b/w wasn't it - didn't matter though, I could watch it over & over again!
Last edited by: Dog on Tue 3 Aug 10 at 17:35
 Klaatu barada nikto - Armel Coussine
OMG... someone's going to recommend The Quatermass Experiment in a minute. I think the appalling Village of the Damned has already been mentioned.
The Moon (2009) very well made budget UK film - tight plot, well acted, decent effects and a twist in the tail !
 Klaatu barada nikto - Cpt. Flack
Sorry PU. I thought it was drawn out, predictable rubbish.
 Klaatu barada nikto - Robin O'Reliant
Plan 9 From Outer Space must be the most chilling sci-fi ever made.

Worried the life out of me for years, I can tell you.
>>Plan 9 From Outer Space<<

Interesting ... My very first job was for a film co. that sold that film (among others) in super 8mm,

I've never seen the film but having read about it on wiki I'll have to get a copy.
>>I've never seen the film but having read about it on wiki I'll have to get a copy.<<

On its way via ebay = £4 inc. p&p
 Klaatu barada nikto - Zero
you mean the 1959 Plan 9 from outer space?

Its a shocker all right,

Shockingly bad.
>>Its a shocker all right, Shockingly bad.

Yep! That's how its billed = The best of the worst films :O
 Klaatu barada nikto - Robin O'Reliant
The director of Plan 9, Edward D Wood was known for his shockingly bad films, so bad they are hilarious and have a cult following. One of the mainstream channels ran an Edward Wood season a good few years ago and it was brilliant.

From Wikipedia -

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Wood
I've got the complete Martian Chronicles series on DVD, many would slate it, but I'm luving it :)
That's Ray Bradbury. Superb in my view but no doubt an acquired taste. As I recall the tv programmes (that's what they were?) were good for their day but, as is often the case, not a match for the book plus your imagination.

JH
>>That's Ray Bradbury. Superb in my view but no doubt an acquired taste. As I recall the tv programmes<<

Affirmative ... There are scenes in that series that are simply 'out of this world',
Two of my favourite films are 2001 A Space Odyssey and Papillon with Steve McQueen,
I actually prefer the films over the books, probably because I saw the films first.
RR, yes but you were only 6 at the time and Thomas the Tank Engine had you a bit nervous :-)

JH
 Klaatu barada nikto - Crankcase
Youtube has a few movies that are seriously bad, but at least are free. I've grabbed "Destination Moon" to watch on the iPhone if I ever get to it, for example.

SciFi ones here:

www.youtube.com/movies/science_fiction

Lots of others in different genres too.
 Klaatu barada nikto - Bagpuss
Best of the 50s SciFi films has to be Forbidden Planet. Surprisingly good special effects and launched Robby the Robot on his career. Unfortunately, it's being remade.
I must be a bitova sci fi buff in a way, not so much these days though,
I enjoyed reading Childhoods End by Arthur C Clark - that would make an interesting film,
I was really into Superman comics as an 8 year old, I remember fantasiing about saving my teacher from the super villains, and carrying her off in my arms :-D
 Klaatu barada nikto - Iffy
...as an 8 year old, I remember fantasiing about saving my teacher from the super villains, and carrying her off in my arms...

The sexualisation of children is meant to be a fairly recent occurrence, but it just goes to show no one ever knew what they were thinking.

>>The sexualisation of children is meant to be a fairly recent occurrence<<

I was indeed 'sexually aware' at age 8, but I was brought up on a S.E. London council estate,
with 5 siblings up to 20 years older than me + quite a few older (and experienced) friends.

P.S. Didn't have sex on the telly (don't try this at home)) or the internet in those days.
Latest Forum Posts