Non-motoring > TPS Service now available for mobile numbers Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 6

TPS Service now available for mobile numbers - VxFan
The Telephone Preference Service (TPS) is a central opt out register whereby individuals can register their wish not to receive unsolicited sales and marketing telephone calls. It is a legal requirement that companies do not make such calls to numbers registered on the TPS.

Mobile phone users can now send a text to stop nuisance calls:-

www.itv.com/news/2016-05-27/mobile-phone-users-can-now-send-a-text-to-stop-nuisance-calls/

Or you can do it through their website instead:-

www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/number_type.html
 TPS Service now available for mobile numbers - No FM2R
I have Sync.ME installed which does this and several other useful things very well.

Habitual wearers of tin foil headgear may not be so comfortable with it though.
 TPS Service now available for mobile numbers - bathtub tom
>> It is a legal requirement that companies do not make such calls to numbers registered on the TPS.

Unfortunately the TPS appears to be a toothless beast and I believe has no jurisdiction whatsoever over foreign originated calls .
 TPS Service now available for mobile numbers - smokie
... also it is possible to inadvertently give permission, or so I'm told. I completed a post-holiday prize draw questionnaire a while back and then was plagued with phone calls for a bit, despite being on TPS. One of the companies said by completing that survey I'd agreed to be contacted by other parties. I obviously didn't read the small print adequately.
Last edited by: smokie on Fri 27 May 16 at 16:30
 TPS Service now available for mobile numbers - Focusless
>> www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/number_type.html

We are currently experiencing an exceptionally heavy number of registration requests - please return to the site shortly

:(
 TPS Service now available for mobile numbers - Old Navy
I got that message at the first attempt, a few seconds later I got onto the site and registered both our mobiles within a couple of minutes. That included receiving and using the confirmation email and link.
 TPS Service now available for mobile numbers - VxFan
>> I got that message at the first attempt

Me too. I just refreshed the page and registered straight away on the next attempt.
Latest Forum Posts