Non-motoring > Corinne Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 18

Corinne - Armel Coussine
Corinne Bayley Rae is having a media blitz at present.

She's a personable girl and a not-bad performer, well up to normal standards.

What I remember though is that someone prominent of this parish used to really dig her, touchingly loyal and nothing wrong with that.
 Corinne - John Boy
It wasn't me, AC, and she doesn't do it for me anyway. This singer does though, big time:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWz9sI1IiaE&index=7&list=RDdNon1I7SrwU
 Corinne - Armel Coussine
>> It wasn't me, AC, and she doesn't do it for me anyway.

It was Dave I think.
 Corinne - VxFan
>> It was Dave I think.

Not me. Can't stand any of her music.

IIRC, it was HJ on the other side of the fence that had a thing for her.
 Corinne - Armel Coussine
>> IIRC, it was HJ on the other side of the fence that had a thing for her.

On reflection I remember that, you are right Dave.
 Corinne - Dog
I have an efriend on an expat forum who I've been in contact with for about 18 months. She is Canadian but has lived in Spain for nigh-on two years now. Her dad was Spanish and her mom is of Swed-dish extraction.

Anyway, we quite frequently exchange YouTube music videos, and I had this Corinne Bailey Rae one lined up as my next offering to her: www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvH9Ccqk5qc

Funny ole life.

:o}
 Corinne - Focusless
>> Corinne Bayley Rae is having a media blitz at present.

She's on Sunday Brunch on Channel 4 9-12 this morning; she's singing (live) at the end. She also did Later with Jools this week:
www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07bp85c/later-with-jools-holland-series-48-episode-4
 Corinne - John Boy
Our response to music seems to be so personal. Why do I like one of these singers and not the other? We discussed it here this morning after listening the song in Dog's link. My OH thinks I must like the pitch of Mary Margaret O'Hara's voice and the staccato quality of her delivery. The effect on her, however, is a physical pain in the sternum area. The song which I posted above can get me in tears PDQ.

Other female singers I like are Nora Jones, Billie Holiday, Janis Jopling, Cyndi Lauper, Laura Marling, Laurie Anderson, Lucinda Williams and the leads in Alabama Shakes and Heartless b******s.

I don't "get" Bonnie Raitt, Amy Winehouse, Joni Mitchell or Adele.

I'm completely turned off by the public personas of Madonna, Beyonce, Lady Gaga and Rihanna, so I'm afraid I make a point of never listening to them.

Anyway, I recorded Jules on Friday so I'll get another try at Corinne later.
 Corinne - John Boy
"persons born of parents not married to each other" were caught in the trap above.
 Corinne - Armel Coussine
Billie Holliday, Janis Joplin, Amy Winehouse and Joni Mitchell are all memorable.

Of course not all songs are equally good.
 Corinne - Manatee
As usual when this subject comes up I commend to you the incomparable Sandy Denny.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHFhRxSL1AU Who Knows Where the Time Goes

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbnLVvAJrec Fotheringay

Corinne - sooty123
Neither of those videos work manatee.
 Corinne - CGNorwich
For you perhaps Sooty but they both work fine here.
 Corinne - sooty123
Must be my phone. It just says content not available.
 Corinne - CGNorwich
Strange. Tried it on my phone too and I get the same message as you but plays perfectly fine on my Apple computer.
 Corinne - CGNorwich
I believe its something to do with the distribution settings for the video not allowing mobile devices. I'm sure the more techy members can expplain in greater detail.
 Corinne - CGNorwich
In a similar vein Kate Wolf had a great voice but sadly died before she became widely known..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlpSxOLsDYY
 Corinne - Dutchie
She is from Leeds is she.Good Yorkshire Lass.
 Corinne - Armel Coussine
Jools Holland always has terrific stuff on his show, does my heart good very often. A bit old-fashioned thank goodness, the real thing. Not so much of the thin pretentious modern stuff, oh-so-artistic knowImean?

Of course times have moved on and now is now. I don't want to exaggerate. But Holland is reactionary in just the right way. I quite like the capacious whistle too.
Latest Forum Posts