Non-motoring > SkyQ - thought I would treat myself - disaster! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 2

SkyQ - thought I would treat myself - disaster! - Falkirk Bairn
Thought I would treat myself to SkyQ & change Telephone & Broadband at the same time.
I had a few questions so phoned and the answers were in line with what I thought. Ordered the full Monty Sports & Movies +4K + Telephone & BB. Just under £120 / mth for everything compared to £78 for SkyHD & £38 to TalkTalk.

Sky screwed the order & I ended up with a new phone number for BB and my old number for phone - which was one of my points I had asked earlier.

After 2 days they came back saying there was a clerical error. Went through the order process again & they said it completed OK & my old number showed. 20 mins later a further email with dates of transfer & ANOTHER new number...............told them to cancel - I will stick with Talk Talk & SKY +HD

Has anyone else changed & faced similar trouble?
 SkyQ - thought I would treat myself - disaster! - tyrednemotional
...I've just migrated from TalkTalk to Plusnet on a like for like basis.

Last 12 months I paid a total of £300.36 for line rental, unlimited broadband (16Mb connection) and unlimited UK calls.

For the current 12 months, for the same I shall pay £219.76 (and the contract is up for grabs at the end of that).

I can't get any value at all out of a greater bundle or faster speed than that.

I arranged to have the transfer take place whilst I was away (avoiding any disruption, and retaining my own router), and it all went swimmingly, right down to the final refund from TalkTalk for advance charges (surprisingly correct and right on time).

At 18.31 a month, a bit of a result, I think.
 SkyQ - thought I would treat myself - disaster! - Westpig
They are all like it.

I swapped from BT to Sky because BT couldn't seem to stop a charge on my account, left over from my London house phone number being on a transfer type thing (with a cost) so that if anyone rang it, it was transferred to my new Devon address.

Every time I rang up, it was "Oh yes, Mr Westpig, all done, the service has been stopped" and then for the next bill, there it was again.

After 9 months of trying to sort it out (it kept showing every quarter on a bill), I got the hump and closed the account.

Latest Forum Posts