Non-motoring > Football.....Pah ! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 4

Football.....Pah ! - Ted

After the World Cup fiasco, it was really good to watch the European Athletics Champiomships over the last 6 days.
Great efforts by our boys and girls with some really superhuman performances from Mo Farah and Jessica Ennis. There's dedication to a sport for you !

A different Rooney representing his country in Barcelona..and putting huge effort in this time !

The Girls's events were particularly watchable...perv mode on ! How those slim little figures produce all that power and stamina is beyond me ! The high jumper was clearing 2m/3cm !

Good coverage by the beeb with exscellent experts and first class interviews with the, often panting, competitors. A pleasure to watch.

I was a long distance runner in my yoof, before I got fat and lazy, and I've always enjoyed watching. No Yanks, Caribbeans or Africans, of course, but still a World Class display.

Nice to see the Irish, Croatians and other small states in the medals.

More good news...it's every 2 years from now on !

To top the day off, England had a good win at the old cricket.

My cup runneth over.

Ted
 Football.....Pah ! - corax
Yeah, what a refreshing change to those overpaid wasters, we've always been good in the athletics. Nice to see so many good looking people in top condition physically in one place!

I go running a couple of times a week, so I know how tough it is for them, and how easy they make it look. Shame about the 100m mens british relay, you can practise it as many times as you like, but under pressure anything can happen.

I'll look forward to seeing it more often from now on.
 Football.....Pah ! - Brentus
Don't get me started about that overpaid, overhyped lot and the bunch that supposedly govern them.
 Football.....Pah ! - rtj70
>> Don't get me started about that overpaid

Some get annoyed when pay is cut from around £290k to £167k in air traffic control. But this is Per Annum and not Per Month! I'd put up with the stress in Spain for a few years!
 Football.....Pah ! - Brentus
Thing is though some of the footballers dont get much short of this a week.
Latest Forum Posts