Non-motoring > Life is a worry Miscellaneous
Thread Author: CGNorwich Replies: 9

Life is a worry - CGNorwich
As if we don't have enough to worry about what with the EU, Jeremy Corbyn and whether Fluffy is real or not we now learn:

"The impact of super-sized, sleepless slugs could spell devastation for our gardens this summer."

It's all too much

www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-36166774
 Life is a worry - NortonES2
And it's snowing here. Time for another tea. Waiting for a break before the dog-walk…
 Life is a worry - Ian (Cape Town)
If the French east snails, what's wrong with eating slugs?
Snails are just slugs with crash helmets, after all.
A bit of garlic, some vin rouge, and a short simmer, they should be delicious.
 Life is a worry - Alanovich
>> A bit of garlic, some vin rouge, and a short simmer, they should be delicious.

Even more delicious if you leave out the garden pests entirely. Filthy habit.
 Life is a worry - Ian (Cape Town)
'BALDRICK, I DON'T EAT INVERTEBRATES FOR FUN'

I wonder if the PC brigade/PETA will complain if you salt the slugs and watch them wither?

Life is a worry - WillDeBeest
What's wrong with eating slugs?
www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinknews/5556313/Eat-slugs-in-tomato-sauce-says-television-chef-Hugh-Fearnley-Whittingstall.html

[Fearnley-Wearnley] tells viewers: "There is surely not that much difference between a slimy slug and a tasty snail."

But after handing them out to staff at River Cottage, he admits: "I can heartily recommend those dishes, with just one small adjustment – leave out the slugs."

Life is a worry - Ambo
>> A bit of garlic, some vin rouge, and a short simmer, they should be delicious.

No, no. Only Barsac will really do, Sauternes at a pinch.
 Life is a worry - bathtub tom
According to Today (radio 4, this morning), it's not the big black ones causing a problem as they tend to eat rotten and decaying matter, it's the little ones: www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0791b39
About 2 hours and forty minutes in.
 Life is a worry - WillDeBeest
I'm concerned about the wasps*. We had a couple of warm, sunny weeks to lure the queens out of hibernation, then this cold snap that must have killed a lot of them. Bumble bees may have the same problem.

*Yes, they're a nuisance in August but until then they're beneficial, preying on the caterpillars and aphids that damage crop plants.
 Life is a worry - Alanovich
Funny you should mention that, I've found a couple of dead wasps and bees in my house in the last week.
Latest Forum Posts