Non-motoring > Quartz clock replacement movement Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 2

Quartz clock replacement movement - bathtub tom
I've a clock with a UTS quartz movement that tends to have rest for ten minutes or so now and then. It's not the battery because I've replaced it countless times.

This clock has no second hand and I'm having trouble identifying the right replacement mechanism. I think this one's correct (I need a 16mm shaft): tinyurl.com/zb3rj5a

Can anyone here knowledgeable on this stuff tell me how I can identify replacement mechanisms with and without second hand shafts please?
 Quartz clock replacement movement - Cliff Pope
There are different kinds of attachment for the hands, different shaft diameters, and different projecting lenghts. One of the sites that sells all kinds (can't recall which) explains the whole thing. And different hand lengths of course.
It may be easier and better value just to get a whole clock/hands set, rather than trying to match the clock to your hands. There are more powerful clocks for powering second hands, but you can blank the second hand bit if not required.
 Quartz clock replacement movement - sherlock47
CP has just saved me a long post. I was about to tell you almost exactly the same! Been there done it. Nightmare choices to be made. Get a supplier who will give you hands with a movement - you can always cut them down in length.

I used a postal supplier in Devon I think, with a website that gave a lot of useful info.

It is here www.clockparts.co.uk/

To quote from their website "You will almost certainly find that the old hands will not fit the new movement so please make sure you select your free set of hands and that they are shown on your order confirmation. If you are lucky and your old hands do fit then you can keep the free ones as spares!"

Last edited by: sherlock47 on Tue 26 Apr 16 at 09:02
Latest Forum Posts