Non-motoring > A Famous Birthday Unremarked on The forum? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robin O'Reliant Replies: 13

A Famous Birthday Unremarked on The forum? - Robin O'Reliant
Iggy Pop is 69 today.
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Thu 21 Apr 16 at 21:04
 A Famous Birthday Unremarked on The forum? - Timeonmyhands
When I heard that Prince had gone I thought HM had done Charlie.
 A Famous Birthday Unremarked on The forum? - Focusless
Regarding that other, less musical, person's birthday yesterday, anyone see the royal home movies program 9pm BBC1 last night? I'm not a big fan of the royals, but not particularly anti either, and wasn't going to watch it. But Mrs F did, so I didn't have much choice. It was fascinating stuff; obviously very much how the other half live eg. the kids playing on water slides on the deck of royal yacht Britannia. But for example footage of Liz and Margaret playing together showed what a close relationship they had, and there was lots of film of people being, well, normal, which given the context made it interesting. Very entertaining.
Missed the edit: it was helped by modern commentary from current royals (inc. Her Maj) as they watched it, sometimes for the first time. Lady Sarah Chatto came across as a very nice and down to earth person, considering (she'd been one of the kids on Britannia).
 A Famous Birthday Unremarked on The forum? - Roger.
>> Iggy Pop is 69 today.

Is that a person?
 A Famous Birthday Unremarked on The forum? - sooty123
Here you go
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iggy_Pop
 A Famous Birthday Unremarked on The forum? - CGNorwich
A well known carbonated beverage Roger.
 A Famous Birthday Unremarked on The forum? - John Boy
Iggy Pop was not very high on my musical horizon, but I listened to this track a lot when I was feeling low some years ago. It still raises a smile and is great to dance to:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGbw-cz35qo

More recently, it's been a real pleasure to listen to him talking about and playing music on BBC Radio 6 Music.
>> More recently, it's been a real pleasure to listen to him talking about and playing
>> music on BBC Radio 6 Music.

Yeah, used to listen to him driving back from Bath on Friday nights last summer. Very knowledgeable. Even got me listening to Miles Davis :)
...and the Iggy Pop classic:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLhN__oEHaw
 A Famous Birthday Unremarked on The forum? - VxFan
>> Is that a person?

Apparently he's a Wild One.
>> Iggy Pop is 69 today.

Just caught the end of Lust for Life on the short (live) version of Jools Holland's Later last night. Iggy was looking pretty lively, for his age :)

I'll be recording the full length programme on Friday:
www.radiotimes.com/tv-programme/e/d58fm7/later---with-jools-holland--series-48-episode-5
 A Famous Birthday Unremarked on The forum? - tyrednemotional
...one of these day his age may reach a figure where it matches his looks.......

But don't depend on it!
 A Famous Birthday Unremarked on The forum? - John Boy
>> I'll be recording the full length programme on Friday:

I've just watched and really enjoyed that. I could hear David Bowie in the first song "Gardenia". One of the best things about Jools' programme is to see musicians enjoying each others' music. Rarely does the camera catch one of them looking bored whilst somone else is playing.

It's always good to see I'm not the only person in the world to walk with a limp and I decided to find out why Iggy does. I found out in his answer to the question "Are there physical things you can't do onstage anymore?" in this RollingStone interview:
tinyurl.com/hwz2xr3
Latest Forum Posts