Non-motoring > Oh dear..... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 9

Oh dear..... - Roger.
Breaking news - - Victoria Wood has has died. A true genius.
 Oh dear..... - rtj70
Sad news for anyone to die so young. Puts life and things into perspective. Which is why I'd like to be living somewhere warm and having a simple life sooner rather than later.
 Oh dear..... - Robin O'Reliant
>> Sad news for anyone to die so young.
>>

Actually, it's not that young. It is on the young side of average, but once you're over sixty you are on the way out anyway, it's just a question of how long it takes.

That might appear like I'm just being pedantic or something, but it always makes me raise my eyebrows when someone uses the phrase "That's no age at all", when it clearly is.
 Oh dear..... - commerdriver
>> Once you're over sixty you are on the way out anyway, it's just a question of
>> how long it takes.
>>
Your life expectancy (expected age you will die) when you are 61 is higher than it is when you are 21
Of course your remaining years (time till you die) is much lower.

Just saying

Oh dear..... - Runfer D'Hills
I don't really care when it happens, but I'd prefer not to have very much notice of the event.

;-)
 Oh dear..... - Dog
>>it's not that young. It is on the young side of average, but once you're over sixty you are on the way out anyway

I disagree - 60 is the new 40. I'm 63 but feel 43 (when she visits) I'm in as good if not better condition physically as I was in my 40's ... mentally, well, what was the question again?
 Oh dear..... - Ian (Cape Town)
'Beat me on the bottom with a Woman's Weekly!'

Last edited by: Ian (Cape Town) on Wed 20 Apr 16 at 20:55
 Oh dear..... - zippy
www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNU5KVa_Tu8

RIP

Oh dear..... - bathtub tom
I would have loved to see her do a duet of "Let's do it" with Jake Thackray.
 Oh dear..... - Dog
No more lah-di-b*****-dah.!
Latest Forum Posts