Non-motoring > AI picture analysis Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 1

AI picture analysis - Crankcase
So, after the abortion that was the mad chatbot Tay, now withdrawn of course, Microsoft have launched their next exciting bit of AI.

If you go to the link and give it a URL pointing at a picture, it analyses it and tells you what it is.

In the publicity puff, the excitement is palpable, with it recognising and describing extremely well.

I chucked it this picture of Edward VI (poor soul)

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7f/Portrait_of_Edward_VI_of_England.jpg

It told me after a long pause:

I am not really confident, but I think it's a woman wearing a hat and she seems 😐. Is that you? I think you look 57% like James McCartney

Yes, well. if you want to try and see if it's any better for you then it lives at

www.captionbot.ai/

The faintly worrying thing is this stuff will be everywhere soon - MS are launching artificial chat machines to front company helplines and websites, so now you have to persuade it you aren't actually a giraffe trying to buy slippers before you finally get to an Indian call centre, where they will promptly try to sell you slippers in size 22, and all you wanted to do was to cancel your bank card.

Last edited by: Crankcase on Thu 14 Apr 16 at 15:45
 AI picture analysis - devonite
Could turn out fun if they use it at Passport controls!
Latest Forum Posts