Non-motoring > Slightly disappointed? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Runfer D'Hills Replies: 26

Slightly disappointed? - Runfer D'Hills
Ok, so it's nigh on 8.30 pm on a Sunday. Not sure why I've noticed this ( it certainly doesn't amount to my especially caring ) but I suppose I'm ever so slightly disappointed maybe, or maybe I'm not very in truth, but at least it's a little bit remarkable, that on a "motoring" forum, so far today there have been 144 non-motoring posts ( mainly people arguing about the vericity and validity of each other's posts ) and 2 motoring posts so far today.

I'm not very sure whether to ho or hum...

;-)
 Slightly disappointed? - tyrednemotional
...shouldn't you be out jet-washing next door's budgerigar, or something?

;-)
I slightly suspect that I'd rather be doing that...

;-)
...I hate to think what you are doing.........
Putting off walking the dog mainly, but he will get his walk eventually.
 Slightly disappointed? - Zero
>> Putting off walking the dog mainly, but he will get his walk eventually.

Capable of walking after today biking off road excursions? Thats unusual enough to be of conversational value.
Perfectly fine, thank you for asking, walk accomplished too. Well, when I say fine, apart from my right thigh that is, it's still aching a bit having performed the function of an impromptu crumple zone between my new bike and a tree in the ( fairly swift ) and glancing passing this lunchtime. Be fine by tomorrow morning though...Probably...

;-)
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Sun 10 Apr 16 at 22:10
>> Perfectly fine, thank you for asking, walk accomplished too. Well, when I say fine, apart
>> from my right thigh that is, it's still aching a bit having performed the function
>> of an impromptu crumple zone between my new bike and a tree in the (
>> fairly swift ) and glancing passing this lunchtime. Be fine by tomorrow morning though...Probably...
>>
>> ;-)

Funny how injuries increase with age, specially when trying to compete with those so much younger than us..

www.bupa.co.uk
It wasn't really a competition, he just got lucky with a line he took on one of the descents. Random chance frankly.

;-)
>>Random chance frankly.......the ******!

Your keyboard seems to have an intermittent problem, so I've corrected it for you.
Last edited by: tyrednemotional on Sun 10 Apr 16 at 22:26
>> It wasn't really a competition, he just got lucky with a line he took on
>> one of the descents. Random chance frankly.

He seems to have a lot of luck.
 Slightly disappointed? - The Melting Snowman
>>so far today there have been 144 non-motoring posts

You've just added to it...

The reality is the Motoring (both Discussion and Technical) element of this website is virtually dead. The only active sections are Non-motoring and Computing. The truth is that there are other places that 'do' motoring better. Website development that could improve matters doesn't happen. We are still waiting for My Drive to be finished - or even started.

The childish behaviour that sometimes occurs is down to the lack of newcomers but we've discussed that to eternity.

Long live C4P, in whatever format that is.
 Slightly disappointed? - sooty123
And well done in adding to that 144 posts
(as i do)

;)
 Slightly disappointed? - Haywain
"on a "motoring" forum, so far today there have been 144 non-motoring posts"

Maybe it's because modern cars are all so similar, and boring, and reliable? Not a lot to moan about?
 Slightly disappointed? - Dog
>>Maybe it's because modern cars are all so similar, and boring, and reliable? Not a lot to moan about?

Plus the fact that 99.999% of us are 'old hands' when it comes to cars, and we know our big ends from our nipples.
 Slightly disappointed? - Haywain
"Plus the fact that 99.999% of us are 'old hands' when it comes to cars, and we know our big ends from our nipples."

..... and the only 'dirty-hands' thing that I can do on a modern car is change a wheel in the event of a puncture .......... and now they are even trying to take that away from me :-(
>>and the only 'dirty-hands' thing that I can do on a modern car is change a wheel in the event of a puncture ..........

I changed the engine oil on my Forester on Tuesday. I managed to lose the drain plug seal AND the filler cap rubber seal.

I got to thinking I'm losing it (literally!!) but I managed to find the drain plug seal among the Dorset flint chippings,
and the oil filler seal on a ledge under the w/washer bottle. I blame the Cornish pixies.
 Slightly disappointed? - Focal Point
"I blame the Cornish pixies."

You mean piskies.
>>You mean piskies.

They're even worse than the knockers!! en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knocker_(folklore)
/
Last edited by: Dog on Sun 10 Apr 16 at 21:32
 Slightly disappointed? - Alanovich
The are still a few SAABs around to keep the Motoring section ticking over.

Shame Mike H let the side down though...

;-)
...with only a mild tongue in cheek, I think the post numbers in Non-motoring are being fluffed-up :-(
 Slightly disappointed? - Focal Point
"... I think the post numbers in Non-motoring are being fluffed-up..."

You mean Fluffy is actually a fluffer? I can't get my head round that one.
...I think he's certainly pulling a few plonkers!
 Slightly disappointed? - Dutchie
Maybe motoring is becoming boring and other subjects are more interesting.
 Slightly disappointed? - Ian (Cape Town)
>> 144 non-motoring posts

>> Gross abuse of the non-motoring section.
 Slightly disappointed? - Cliff Pope
If we renamed the forum Life4Play but had a tiny section for motoring, one might observe how peculiar it was that there were as many as two people who thought there was anything interesting to say about cars.
Latest Forum Posts