Non-motoring > Snow Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 19

Snow - legacylad
Glad my Michelin Alpins are on all year round. Heavy wet snow this evening, settling on the ground and being thoroughly miserable. Temps just above freezing, and higher roads in t'Dales closed so I was told tonight.
Glorious currant bun forecast for tomorrow, so 8am departure for the fells east of the A6 ( Bretherdale & The other Borrowdale). Don't you just love our climate... Fingers crossed for roof down fun and sore limbs by day's end.
 Snow - Dog
>>Don't you just love our climate...

Frankly, no.
 Snow - Ian (Cape Town)
'climate change'... last week, we had snow on the mountains 50km from town.
This week the temperature was hitting 30C.
 Snow - Bromptonaut
Isn't today the start of the County Cricket season?

Snow on the outfield in one county or another for first match is a chestnut that pops up most years :-)
 Snow - sooty123
Its tomorrow, start of the three day friendlies. Chesterfield is quite bad for snow, can't remember the name of the ground right now. Although I think Derbyshire only use it later on in the year now.
 Snow - tyrednemotional
...Queens Park - a rather pleasant place to watch leather on willow on a nice day...

...if generally short on facilities.
 Snow - sooty123
Thanks i couldn't remember the name of it. Can't say I've ever been, I should go one day.
 Snow - Runfer D'Hills
I watched a cricket match once. Nearest I've ever come to experiencing flatlining.

;-)
 Snow - CGNorwich
"I watched a cricket match once. Nearest I've ever come to experiencing flatlining."

Try golf on the radio.
 Snow - Roger.
>> "I watched a cricket match once. Nearest I've ever come to experiencing flatlining."
>>
>>
>> Try golf on the radio.
>>
 Snow - Dog
I too watched a cricket match once, over 50 years ago, and at the Oval near to where I lived. I'm so looking forward to watching another match some day soon :(
 Snow - R.P.
At our local Queen's Park you're more likely to see wood on skull.
 Snow - NortonES2
June 1975, Buxton. tinyurl.com/nwfpl5p
 Snow - Zero
We dont allow snow out of season in Surrey.
 Snow - Slidingpillar
We dont allow snow out of season in Surrey.

Wanders off and does snow dance for Surrey
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_dance
 Snow - tyrednemotional
>> We dont allow snow out of season in Surrey.
>>

...it would dominate the BBC National News far too much......
 Snow - Zero
>> >> We dont allow snow out of season in Surrey.
>> >>
>>
>> ...it would dominate the BBC National News far too much......

News is all about interesting people, not the bitter and jealous wingers.
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 10 Apr 16 at 19:45
 Snow - Roger.
For which team are these "wingers" playing?
 Snow - Zero
>> For which team are these "wingers" playing?

I wanted to give you something other than muslims to whine about.
 Snow - legacylad
Plenty of snow in my garden this am. Sub zero still at 8am. Spirited drive up to the eastern fells, twixt A6 & M6. Saw three walkers in 16 miles & 8 hours. Trip computer shows 43.3 mpg, which given the licence losing speeds of the morning drive is pretty impressive,although a steady NSL coming home. Allowing for a 10% optimistic computer, it's not half bad.
A proper winter wonderland on the northern flanks of Borrowdale & Bretherdale. The ( very) quiet side of the Lakes and fortunate to live in such a beautiful area. Even though it's outside Yorkshire.
Latest Forum Posts