Non-motoring > How long before one of these ends up in a canal? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: tyrednemotional Replies: 30

How long before one of these ends up in a canal? - tyrednemotional
....as the article asks.....

tinyurl.com/hslyzcs

How long before one of these ends up in a canal? - sherlock47
I have a vision of the warehouse gates opening at 07.30 as the first humanoid arrives and a wave of semi-automonous ground drones flooding Greenwich High Street.

Was it April 1, and this is just another late delivery?
 How long before one of these ends up in a canal? - Zero
how long before it ends up in the canal? well as long as you dont put a handle on the end that says "Return to Tesco" it should survive a while.

How long before one of these ends up in a canal? - Harleyman
>> how long before it ends up in the canal? well as long as you dont
>> put a handle on the end that says "Return to Tesco" it should survive a
>> while.
>>

Call me paranoid if you wish; but kit like that allows suicide bombers multiple attempts. If they can hijack a plane they can hijack one of those things.
....best keep them in Greenwich, then.......

>> Call me paranoid if you wish; but kit like that allows suicide bombers multiple attempts.
>> If they can hijack a plane they can hijack one of those things.

you are paranoid.
 How long before one of these ends up in a canal? - Ian (Cape Town)
What was that movie with the bomb on a R/C petrol-powered car?

Oh yes, 1988's DEAD POOL
 How long before one of these ends up in a canal? - Mapmaker
>> If they can hijack a plane they can hijack one of those things.

Hijack? Easier to buy one.
....and if they were successful, hijacking one would be unlikely to afford them multiple attempts...... ;-)
 How long before one of these ends up in a canal? - CGNorwich
Won't be long until one of these. we gets out of the. white van with your parcel.

youtu.be/rVlhMGQgDkY
 How long before one of these ends up in a canal? - Focusless
>> youtu.be/rVlhMGQgDkY

flippin amazin

EDIT: especially trying to stay upright in the snow
Last edited by: Focusless on Fri 8 Apr 16 at 13:41
 How long before one of these ends up in a canal? - Runfer D'Hills
Would've been even more amusing if the robot had punched the guy with the ice hockey stick. Or at the very least called him a ....

;-)
 How long before one of these ends up in a canal? - CGNorwich
They are building a special Scottish version that does that. Runs on alcohol apparently.
....and it won't be long before that ends up in a canal.......
That would very much depend on which part of Scotland it was trialled in. There are indeed pockets of hadean depravity, fortunately punctuated by areas of outstanding gentility.

Unlike the north of England which is reliably and unilaterally miserable.
;-)
......I shared a house with a Glaswegian when I first moved South years ago.

I'll have you know I'm scarred for life.........
Not surprised, they're not very used to houses. More at home under railway arches with bottles of Buckfast in the main...

;-)))
...yeah, he used to run on alcohol as mentioned above. Well, I say run............

Dangerous things, those weegies!
They're actually quite good fun unless you upset them. Trouble is, they're very easy to upset. Take badly to being asked to repeat things they've said very slowly all the time and so on.

;-)
 How long before one of these ends up in a canal? - Armel Coussine
>> There are indeed pockets of hadean depravity,

Hadean... that a new one on me comrade. Depravity, ah well, I know where I am with that one dunnI?

>> fortunately punctuated by areas of outstanding gentility.

'Ho ho, er, summink alongalinesa, nah, forgotten what I was going to say nah, tsk! Oh yeah, 'scomeback annit, nah, gone again. You know that word that starts with an F and ends with an uck? That one I think. Yes, definitely, it's all coming back now... no, gone again.

>>fortunately punctuated by areas of outstanding gentility.

...aye, I think I've seen both of those.

Punctuated is the right word; about the area of a full-stop........
Ach, awa an' bile yer heid son !

;-)
....said weegie could be both a pain and a wonder.

He had a way with women that none of the other three of us sharing the house could even aspire to match.

Some days after him 'pulling' a very attractive young woman, she came round to call on him, and meet us all.

Duly introduced, we then disappeared down the 'pub, and Billy (or should that be 'Bullie' in the vernacular) departed with us, leaving her behind to do his ironing!!!

There isn't a word of a lie in that, and surprisingly, the relationship survived a good few more weeks!
Unreconstructed is, I think, the most apt description of the lesser spotted weegie.
....aye, unlike my front teeth - I told you I bear the scars. :-(
Funnily enough, I shared a flat in Fulham with a weegie called Billy back in the very early 80s.

Fortunately, coming from Edinburgh, I was sort of used to them, or at least had some prior knowledge. It's very similar to handling a potentially vicious dog really. Be firm with them, never turn your back, never fully trust them but if treated with care they can be very loyal and good companions if somewhat unpredictable.

;-))
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Fri 8 Apr 16 at 19:40
....he had no recollection of hitting me, it was for no reason at all (except for the fact he was "steamin"). He did wonder why his jaw hurt so much when he woke up (I decked him).

Whilst we lived in Reading, he worked in London. Didn't come home one night, but did the next, looking like he'd slept in a hedge.

Apparently, he'd left London following an after-work snifter (which lasted until the last train) got as far as the back entrance to Reading station before he collapsed in the gutter, slept there all night and caught an early train back to London the following day.

I'm glad I didn't have to share a carriage with him!

Ah - the joys of being young.
Ah, I see, he hit you?

He must have really liked you then. They normally use some form of weapon on those they don't.

;-)
 How long before one of these ends up in a canal? - Boxsterboy
>> Apparently, he'd left London following an after-work snifter (which lasted until the last train) got
>> as far as the back entrance to Reading station before he collapsed in the gutter,
>> slept there all night and caught an early train back to London the following day.
>>

Trains! Who would use them!?!?

I have similar memories of missing my stop on the last train home, and getting off at the next stop, Bounds Green, North London. No problem, I thought. I'll just wait here on the platform bench for the next train going back the other way. The next thing I know it's 6.30 the next morning. So I just got on the next train and went back to work!

>> Ah - the joys of being young.
>>
>> Trains! Who would use them!?

Ended up in Bournemouth once. Last train out of Waterloo, Friday night. I can tell you, in 1975 Bournemouth at 2:15 in the morning was not a hospitable place.
....at roughly the same time, after a very long day at Watford, an American consultant I worked
with caught the late slow from Watford Junction to Euston.

He was later woken up by the cleaners in the sidings somewhat North of Watford, having slept all the way into and out of Euston.

Happy days!
Latest Forum Posts