Non-motoring > Packable Sleeping Bag. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 28

Packable Sleeping Bag. - R.P.
Need a bag that will fit in the smallest space, any ideas ? This is after a madcap challenge by a friend to ride 125 motorbikes to the lakes with two tents - bonkers I know but I can't back down now !
 Packable Sleeping Bag. - Statistical Outlier
A down bag will be smaller, lighter and warmer for a given size than synthetic. It will also cost more, and you need to make sure it stays dry as it's not warm when wet. Rab and Mountain Equipment are both brands that I would recommend.
 Packable Sleeping Bag. - corax
You need a 1 or 2 season bag, as they'll be the smallest and lightest. 2 season is ideal for spring/summer. It'll come in a stuff sack, so should be pretty compact for a motorbike. Field & Trek do them from about £20 upwards, or any good camping shop near you.
 Packable Sleeping Bag. - Skoda
There's those super small ones, the advert shows a picture of the bag in it's stuff sack and it's next to a hiking boot and the boot is slightly bigger than the sack with sleeping bag in.

I used one of these with the air cadets when I was younger, they are not comfortable, no padding!
 Packable Sleeping Bag. - devonite
Where are you going to get all those motorbikes from?
My friend has one that his daughter was learning to drive on, we have one here as my dear wife is learning to ride...
 Packable Sleeping Bag. - Iffy
Take some thermals to sleep in.
 Packable Sleeping Bag. - Zero
I think devonite meant, how are you going to fit 125 bikers into two tents.?
My tent (a Vango thing specifically designed for bike touring.) will just about fit - the bag needs to be small though. Rucksack for the basics and possibly a tank bag, should work out. Eat out no stove and saucepans, woks, hobs etc...
 Packable Sleeping Bag. - DeeW
The penny drops ...... 125cc ?
 Packable Sleeping Bag. - Robbie34
I don't know if Blacks still have the Icelandic sleeping bag. I have one that I bought in 1965. It cost me about £14.00 - a considerable sum for me back then. It is down filled and packs up very small into its own hood. I should imagine a new one will be very expensive today. However, it is still perfect, although I haven't used it for some years as I'm too old to go back packing.
I think PU is being deliberately obtuse,
 Packable Sleeping Bag. - BiggerBadderDave
"I think PU is being deliberately obtuse"

Then he'll need an obtuse-shaped sleeping bag.
What !? I need a packable sleeping bag that packs small enough to be carried with a tent on the back of a 125 cc solo motorcycle !
you said you were going to ride 125 motorbikes to the lakes, not ride on one 125cc motorbike to the lakes.
No no no no f you read it it says that a friend and I are going to ride 125s to the Lakes, one each.
 Packable Sleeping Bag. - MD
Why a 125 PU??
Well my friend has ridden nearly 3000 miles two up to Croatia and back on a 650 and he claimed that you don't need a German Überbike to tour happily, we both have access to 125s and a challenge ensued, fuelled by alcohol as are the best challenges - but my word is my bond...etc (aka to late to back down)
I guess they have a bit more oomph then when I last rode a 125. Unless you are talking B.S.A. Bantam!!

Good luck
Probably not, they are both 9 bhp (as opposed to my BMW which has 105 !)
Name those bikes.
 Packable Sleeping Bag. - Robin O'Reliant
Back in the 80's a mate and his girlfriend rode to Greece on a Suzuki TS250 trail bike, complete with small tent. Solo on a 125 to the Lakes should be a doddle.
 Packable Sleeping Bag. - corax
>> Probably not, they are both 9 bhp (as opposed to my BMW which has 105
>> !)

Oh my gawd, I think our pedestrian cylinder mowers at work have more power :-)

Anyway, I trust you'll give us a report when you've made it safely back.
Lifan LF125J

and a Yamaha YBR 125...
Lifan. Wassat then?
Chinese Honda clone....
 Packable Sleeping Bag. - Iffy
...Lifan 125...

Take a tow rope...the Yam might break down. :)
Nah....well maintained and now equipped with a proper European rear tyre..I'll give it an oil change before going...we're planning an off-motorway route up t'A6 via Lancaster...I'll keep the L plates on but don't want to draw unnecessary attention of the old Bill by riding on Motorways.
Well I got one ! Llandudno branch of Blacks - I'd seen one on Tesco for 18 quid ( 6 quid off) which I nearly bought - anyway Blacks had one "in the storeroom" a Karrimor Global 700 bag weighing in at 700g - measuring 220 x 80 cm for er...£13.95 - bargain !
Latest Forum Posts