Non-motoring > Refugees in Calais. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dutchie Replies: 24

Refugees in Calais. - Dutchie
Why have the French mismanaged this whole situation in Calais.

The majority of the refugees don't want to stop in France or live there.And for the British to have a border in Calais does that make sense?

Locking them up in containers are the French authorities right in their heads.There must be a better solution to this problem.Watching a intervieuw on BBC2 News daft grinning and jokes by the intervieuwer to the French lady ambassador about Boris Johnson.Like they where talking about vermin living in squalor.

Refugees in Calais. - Zero
>> Why have the French mismanaged this whole situation in Calais.
>>
>> The majority of the refugees don't want to stop in France or live there.

So why are they there?

>>And for
>> the British to have a border in Calais does that make sense?

Yes, because we dont want them on UK soil. Few of them are genuine refugees in danger, they just want the UK lifestyle.

>> Locking them up in containers are the French authorities right in their heads.There must be
>> a better solution to this problem.
>> vermin living in squalor.

Their choice, they can go somewhere else.
 Refugees in Calais. - Bobby
I kinda feel sorry for France.
Here they have a load of folk who are there because they want to come to UK. We don't want them over here so give France money to hold them there.

As with many of the migrants / asylum seekers all over the world, I really don't know what the answer is.

If I was French, I would be tempted to lay on some boats to take them to Dover.......

Genuine question - what does UK offer them that they cant get in mainland Europe?
 Refugees in Calais. - CGNorwich
"what does UK offer them that they cant get in mainland Europe?"

Work
 Refugees in Calais. - Bobby
Seriously? Our economy is better than Germany etc for jobs?
Or is it that other countries don't allow them to work?
 Refugees in Calais. - Manatee
There'll be all sorts of reasons. Language. The fact that we don't have ID cards, which makes it easier to live and/or work illegally perhaps. Friends/family/ethnic communities here.

And whether it's a factor, I don't know - but my limited observations suggest that the UK is also actually one of the least racist countries in Europe.
 Refugees in Calais. - CGNorwich
It's a lot easier to find work in the UK especially the booming London/ South East than virtually anywhere else in the UK. That combined with the fact that many migrants can speak English and that they may well have friends or relatives here already make the UK very attractive.

They don't all want to come here by any means. Germany is indeed the country of choice for many.
 Refugees in Calais. - John Boy
It's just the tip of the iceberg. Before too long, there will be mass migrations caused by people fleeing the effects of drought and so on i.e. climate change.
They want to come here because they have been told its the best place to come to, there will be loads of reasons.
>>
>> They don't all want to come here by any means. Germany is indeed the country
>> of choice for many.
As there is, what 10k max? in Calais, and say 1 million streaming round Europe, clearly a small proportion want to come here. The Calais camp, is in fact, a tiny problem blown out of proportion by those in the UK
 Refugees in Calais. - Old Navy
The main reasons for trying to get into the UK is the benefit system, free healthcare, free housing, abut the main one is even if they are refused asylum or any right to stay they will not be deported. Once you are in it is paradise for life with guaranteed all they could wish for.
 Refugees in Calais. - Bromptonaut
@ON,

Instead of repeating the usual stuff you could try the facts:

www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/policy_research/the_truth_about_asylum/facts_about_asylum_-_page_1
I forgot to add that they will not be deported no matter what crimes they commit, as long as they have learned the magic words "human rights".
 Refugees in Calais. - No FM2R
Good link Bromp. Very interesting stuff.
 Refugees in Calais. - sooty123
Once you are in it is
>> paradise for life with guaranteed all they could wish for.
>>

Both you and them must have a tame idea of paradise ;)

>> Both you and them must have a tame idea of paradise ;)
>>

It is paradise if you çome from real poverty, not like the UK where even the beggers on the streets have mobile phones and some in this area have their cars parked nearby.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 24 Feb 16 at 10:08
A mobile phone? I hoped you (and them) would have a better imagination. Oh well ;)
 Refugees in Calais. - fluffy
Zero do you go too bed.
>> Zero do you go too bed.

Yes
Free healthcare, free education, free hand outs, free rent, free prescriptions, free child care, free pensions, free welfare, free PIP, free housing benefit, free child tax credits, free family tax credits, free car.

What more do you want me to say?
free car.
>>
>

Is there a choice of colour?
 Refugees in Calais. - No FM2R

>> What more do you want me to say?

"I've said enough" ?

"Goodbye" ?
Yes I agree, they can come to Kent .

Thats where Dover is.
 Refugees in Calais. - MD
>> Yes I agree, they can come to Kent .
>>
>> Thats where Dover is.
>>
I agree too. I'll let one in if one goes in return. Not saying which one, but hey, I like guessing games. Do you like guessing games Fluff One?
 Refugees in Calais. - Dutchie
Count yourself lucky you don't have to guess or hope where you are living.Live can be fickle MD.

Fluffy obey the rules and you will be fine or not.
I have heard the French are going to close the " Jungle"
Latest Forum Posts