Non-motoring > Support the In campaign Miscellaneous
Thread Author: fluffy Replies: 25

Support the In campaign - fluffy
I support the in campaign. If it is good enough for the Germans it is good enough for me.
 Support the In campaign - bathtub tom
Then I suggest you go to Germany.

I've been there and found it nice, it would be even better without the Germans!
Why should I have to go too Germany.I would have German wealth any day.I want the British to have a highly successful economy.I do not believe we can survive outside the EU.
The Conservatives are split asunder. Its great news for Labour. Role on 2020. I bet Labour cannot believe their luck.
 Support the In campaign - Focal Point
"If it is good enough for the Germans it is good enough for me."

Sorry - I find this bizarre. Why should we think that the interests and aspirations of Germany would necessarily chime with ours? Are the Germans supposed to have some higher view of the EU to which everyone else should aspire?

Actually, I think that Germany and France, as prime movers in the European Project, do consider they have a higher and more noble view of Europe than the rest - and that's something the eurosceptics absolutely hate. (So do the Greeks, probably!)
Last edited by: Focal Point on Sat 20 Feb 16 at 15:46
 Support the In campaign - Dutchie
Say the vote to stay in is about 60% and the vote out 40% we will never here the end of it.

Maybe the Brits should have never joined.Have a trade agreement and leave it at that.

Of course Germany and France are the prime movers in the E.U project.The Germans in charge the most powerfull economy and the rest follow.

The U,K where always looked at as a buffer between these two nations.Problaby it would be far better if we had the one currency.Everybody speaks English in Europe and we fill the channel in and build a massive motorway across.Big bridges to let shipping go by.

Now we are going to argue for the rest of my lifetime about Europe.
 Support the In campaign - Harleyman

>> Now we are going to argue for the rest of my lifetime about Europe.
>>

We've been arguing for most of our lifetimes about that particular subject, and our fathers and forefathers before us. Squabbles between neighbours aren't necessarily unhealthy, provided they don't degrade into fisticuffs. The EU is by far our best chance of avoiding that scenario.
The last E.U. referendum not everybody voted people lost interest.

Make this vote compulsory who can vote has to vote
 Support the In campaign - Robin O'Reliant
>> The last E.U. referendum not everybody voted people lost interest.
>>
>> Make this vote compulsory who can vote has to vote
>>

The option to not give a stuff is one of the hallmarks of a free society.
If the vote is made compulsary the winning margin for the in vote will be huge.

Nobody in the leave campaign wants a 100% turnout vote. The lower the turnout the more likely the vote will be a no vote.
If the vote is compulsery the win will be by the NO campaign.
 Support the In campaign - Ian (Cape Town)
>>
>> Now we are going to argue for the rest of my lifetime about Europe.
>>

I like the Cloggies. Top boys, in my opinion.
Though their Afrikaans needs some work.
We need an economy that has a trade and current account surplus. We cannot keep raking up the twin deficits of Government spending and trade deficits.

There will, I believe, one day be a reckoning. That reckoning will be a huge rise in inflation to par down the real value of our debts.

Maybe it is a good job we never find out what al our debts are.Money figures can be manipulated.

Who cares anyway or should we care.We can always rely on the I.M.F.to bail us out.They have done it before.
We where bailed out in 1976. We ran out of money. The 1970s were a decade of strikes and three day week. No wonder the UK voter voted Conservative in 1979. It was not Europes fault we ended up bankrupt.
 Support the In campaign - Ian (Cape Town)
Thanks for the history lesson to a bunch of people who actually lived through it.
Much appreciated.
 Support the In campaign - movilogo
>> If it is good enough for the Germans it is good enough for me.

Germany controls EU, Britain does not!

Renting is good enough for Germans but not for Brits. There are many other differences.

The home ownership rate in Spain is above 90%.
The home ownership rate in Spain is above 90%.
 Support the In campaign - No FM2R
Anyone know what the home ownership rate in Spain is?

(It isn't over 90%!)

www.tradingeconomics.com/spain/home-ownership-rate
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sun 21 Feb 16 at 17:02
 Support the In campaign - Bromptonaut
>> The home ownership rate in Spain is above 90%.

What's your source for >90% fluffy?
 Support the In campaign - CGNorwich
Fluffy is probably confusing Spain with China which to my surprise does indeed have a home ownership rate of 90%. Romania has the highest

Spain has 77.7% according to WIKI

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_home_ownership_rate

What I was trying to proof is that it is not just the UK that people like to buy their home.

We hear so much about our housing market. What is the figures. It depends on your source. In the UK we have Halifax, Nationwide. ONS, Land Registry and even Rightmove. Which one is the most accurate. I do not know.

I am not being funny or taking the mickey.

What is the figure for the UK. Is Spain or Ireland figure higher. I do not know.

Support the In campaign - smokie
Click the link in the preceding post Fluffy, the answers are there.
I may have made a TECHNICAL error.

Discuss.
 Support the In campaign - smokie
Just so you know - the wand by my name means I'm a site moderator. There are three of us, VxFan, RP and myself, plus some additional techs who rarely visit.

Not sure what you are expecting to discuss here but do heed the sound advice WillDeBeest gave you here www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=21874&m=483030
Latest Forum Posts