Non-motoring > Ladies who launch.......... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 25

Ladies who launch.......... - Roger.
....................RPGs et al.

SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity

"We are pleased to hear the Army has overhauled regulations to make way for women in all Military jobs, and no longer has a separate policy for assigning women soldiers.

This has freed up 125,318 additional positions in conventional forces to women and paves the way towards full integration of women in the Armed Forces."

What do our erudite & opinionated members think?

Personally I'm 100% for women's equality in terms of equal pay & equal opportunity for equal jobs, but there is a frisson of concern present regarding women in combat.
women & men are not the same emotionally (yeah - sexist pig!) but the nurturing female - will she pull the trigger when push comes to shove?
 Ladies who launch.......... - Alastairw
If you knew my girlfriend you would know that she would have no problem pulling any trigger. Just like with men, it depends on the person - those not suited to combat would be weeded out in training.
 Ladies who launch.......... - sooty123
Does that mean all trades are open to them?
Regarding women in combat many have already been there in afghan, the lines were somewhat blurred between front and rear lines. I think a navy medic was given the MC along with a couple of others.
 Ladies who launch.......... - Old Navy
I have no problem with equality, just glad I retired before they got into the submarine service.
 Ladies who launch.......... - Runfer D'Hills
Especially those who seek permission to grow a beard I suppose?
>> Especially those who seek permission to grow a beard I suppose?
>>

I try to avoid women with beards, we would stick together like a pair of brushes.
 Ladies who launch.......... - Zero
>> I have no problem with equality, just glad I retired before they got into the
>> submarine service.

Thats funny they said the same thing.
It must be especially bad form to fart on a submarine. You'd think anyway.
>> It must be especially bad form to fart on a submarine. You'd think anyway.
>>

The Co and H2 burners in the air purification system can handle them as can the charcoal filters. :-)
Are the charcoal filters uncomfortable to wear?
>> Are the charcoal filters uncomfortable to wear?
>>

Yes, they are about three feet square.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Mon 8 Feb 16 at 20:08
 Ladies who launch.......... - Zero

>> women & men are not the same emotionally (yeah - sexist pig!) but the nurturing
>> female - will she pull the trigger when push comes to shove?

Roger, Have bad news for you mate, and I have no idea why you haven't come across this, some of the most vicious cruel people around are women. Often considerably more mercenary than men.
 Ladies who launch.......... - Dog
>>but the nurturing female - will she pull the trigger when push comes to shove

I reckon female Amerikan marines during the mass murder in Iraq gave us the answer to that one.
 Ladies who launch.......... - madf
Anyone who has ever watched the TV series "bad Girls" would have no doubts on women's capability to kill.
 Ladies who launch.......... - Pat
As with everything else where gender equality is called for it should simply be about who can do the job better.

...and all jobs should be available to both sexes.

Alastair has it spot on.

Pat
Last edited by: Pat on Tue 9 Feb 16 at 04:30
 Ladies who launch.......... - VxFan
>> Anyone who has ever watched the TV series "bad Girls"

Shown regularly on CBS Action, which is on Sky - channel 148, Virgin 192, Freeview 64, and 137 Freesat.
 Ladies who launch.......... - Alanovich
Yet another Roger broadcast finally reaches us from 1953.
 Ladies who launch.......... - Manatee
>> Yet another Roger broadcast finally reaches us from 1953.

That was a very good year, I'll have you know.
 Ladies who launch.......... - Manatee
Isn't the traditional objection to women that they distract the men, cause unhelpful rivalries, and that the men will be too concerned with protecting the women when it comes to hey lads hey.

No reason why women should be less able to kill than men, or less susceptible to military training designed to dehumanise the enemy.
 Ladies who launch.......... - Mapmaker
A chum of mine was in Afghanistan, and she described scenes where they were all out in an armoured vehicle spraying bullets at the opposition. It's not hand-to-hand fighting, but it's blimmin close.

My own concern is how women prisoners will be treated. There are things that soldiers will do to women that they won't do to men.
 Ladies who launch.......... - Armel Coussine
Military training must help. But it's true that women don't take naturally to loud noises and extreme, b***** violence.

Many years ago I persuaded Herself to fire my old shotgun. She hated the huge bang and the recoil bruised her shoulder. She hadn't followed my instruction to pull the gun very tight into her shoulder. Or rather she had, until the crucial moment. They aren't the same as men (and a lot of men are hopeless with firearms).
I would expect an rpg to elicit a similar, flinching reaction. The thing is quite heavy and when fired, produces a momentary but strong and hot backblast.
>> Military training must help. But it's true that women don't take naturally to loud noises
>> and extreme, b***** violence.

Stuck in the 1830s, AC.

I know girls who love all that. Bangs, and playing rugger.
>> I know girls who love all that. Bangs, and playing rugger.

They aren't typical though are they Maps?

I don't get the reference to the 1830s. Are you saying I'm stuck there? I'm no spring chicken of course but I'm not that old.
I'd say that the majority of gals of a certain type like making big bangs if there's a chance of bagging something for the pot. Most of the rest like watching chaps do it.
>> I'd say that the majority of gals of a certain type like making big bangs

My old girl isn't of that type. I mentioned this to her and she still remembered the 'horrible noise', although she'd blocked out the memory of the bruised shoulder.
Latest Forum Posts