Non-motoring > Phone batteries. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 5

Phone batteries. - Old Navy
I have a Nokia 3720 classic phone which I would like to use as a spare phone. It uses a BL5CT battery, does anyone know of a source of good quality batteries? I have bought a couple which have been almost useless, lasting only hours on standby. I realise that Nokia is now Microsoft and no longer supply batteries no matter how genuine they claim to be.
 Phone batteries. - MD
I've just googled BL5CT. There's plenty there. I thought that I had a spare one, but sadly its a different 'model'.
 Phone batteries. - henry k
Three months ago I bought a battery for SWMO's ancient Nokia.
Seems to be v good and holds charge well. SWMBO is happy

This was the source, not the cheapest but a happy customer

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Battery-for-Nokia-5220-5220-XpressMusic-BL-5CT-3-7V-RoHS-/172044326813?hash=item280ea4179d:g:72EAAOSwo3pWgdW4
 Phone batteries. - Clk Sec
I was going to see if Battery Mill stocked the BL5CT batteries. You recommended them a while back, but they don't seem to be around any more.

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=9572&v=f
 Phone batteries. - Old Navy
Unfortunately not, the battery that I bought for my satnav is still going strong.
 Phone batteries. - devonite
Not long ago a bought a lovely little bedside clock which was battery operated and rechargeable, however when it ran down it wouldn't charge, so, rather than send it back I decided to cut the bottom off with the dremmel, thinking I could put a decent battery in it.
The battery I removed turned out to be a battered,scarred old Nokia phone battery carefully "disguised" with blue shrink wrap!
I e-mailed the company asking why they were spoiling a nice item by fitting useless old batteries, and they replied that using used ones allowed then to keep the price competitive!

Fine if you want to annihilate your reputation!
Last edited by: devonite on Sun 7 Feb 16 at 14:52
Latest Forum Posts