Non-motoring > Anyone dabbled ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 14

Anyone dabbled ? - R.P.
In adult colouring books. Seems to be quite popular amongst the "mindfulness" and hipster types. I have a little giggle whenever I see anyone colouring in. Any views/observations ?
 Anyone dabbled ? - Crankcase
I have one. Dunno about mindfulness or what a hipster is, but it's quite soothing just filling bits in, experimenting with the colours and shades and so on.

I'd love to be able to draw and paint properly, but it's a long slog. But this kind of eases that frustrated creative itch without being too demanding. I like.

Anyone dabbled ? - sooty123
>> I have one. Dunno about mindfulness or what a hipster is,

Here you go
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipster_%28contemporary_subculture%29
 Anyone dabbled ? - Crankcase
I read the first paragraph, Sooty, and released I'd need to then further click on nearly every link there to get any idea of what they were on about, so stopped. But thanks for the thought.
 Anyone dabbled ? - Zero
>> In adult colouring books.

Yeess, Mrs Z has, and it seems to be the "must give" xmas prezzie of 2015. Not sure its the "must receive" prezzie in my book!

Anyone dabbled ? - Runfer D'Hills
When you say "adult" do you mean, y'know, pfnarr pfnarr sort of thing?
 Anyone dabbled ? - Zero
nah. Its a kids colouring book, only a bit more complicated.
Oh ok.
 Anyone dabbled ? - R.P.
Sorry Humph.
S'ok, I'm over it.

;-)
 Anyone dabbled ? - sherlock47
Sounds like a 'Painting by Numbers' for colour blind dribblers who cannot be trusted with paint!
 Anyone dabbled ? - Robin O'Reliant
>> Sounds like a 'Painting by Numbers' for colour blind dribblers who cannot be trusted with
>> paint!
>>
I was going to say painting by numbers for Hipsters.

I have wondered who it was that was buying the bikes with no gears, hipsters apparently. I saw one chugging up Highgate hill the other week. Looked knackered. Not at all hip at the time anyway.
 Anyone dabbled ? - tyrednemotional
nah. Its a kids colouring book, only rather more beige.
 Anyone dabbled ? - Old Navy
Mrs ON is into Zentangle at the moment, a sort of posh doodling. It seems to be the latest craze in the local craft scene.
Latest Forum Posts