Non-motoring > Concert Tickets Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 83

Concert Tickets - Pat
On 31st July I booked 2 Freestyle Hospitality tickets for Def Leppard and Whitesnake at the Genting Arena in Birmingham for this Saturday evening.

I also booked the Metropole Hotel for the night.

The tickets were bought from Seatwave. I have confirmation emails stating I will get a confirmation email when the tickets have been despatched by Special Delivery which I was charged £9.99 for.

The tickets haven't arrived yet and when I log into Seatwave are still showing 'awaiting despatch'

I emailed them on Tuesday and haven't had any reply but I managed to find a phone number for them yesterday and was told I would have an email before the end of yesterday to tell me they were despatched....I didn't have one.

The tickets including their fees amount to £609 and the hotel booking £139.

I can cancel the hotel booking up to 3pm tomorrow afternoon.

I have Googled Seatwave problems and there are pages of them similar to this one.

Some have been told to collect the tickets at the event then still not got them. Some have had them delivered via Courier as late as 7.30pm the evening before.

The question is, where do I stand if the tickets arrive after I cancel the hotel as far as getting a refund goes?

What's the best course of action?

TIA

Pat
 Concert Tickets - Focusless
You probably know this Pat, but for others:

Please remember we're a secondary ticket marketplace providing a secure platform for people to sell on their tickets – we don't actually own any of the tickets sold through our site. Because of this we have to allow Sellers time to receive their tickets from their place of purchase, and then dispatch these on to you.

www.seatwave.com/help
 Concert Tickets - Duncan
>>
>> The tickets including their fees amount to £609
>>

Why do you support these...... er, people?
 Concert Tickets - Pat
Duncan I think I've mentioned before......just how we choose to spend our hard earned money (not benefits) is entirely up to us.

Thanks F, I did know that but have used Get Me In and others before without a problem.

Pat
 Concert Tickets - WillDeBeest
Not sure why you chose to make that distinction, Pat. Your benefits are yours to spend as you see fit, too.

That said, I looked at the ticket site for Jeff Lynne's shows next April at the same venue, but dropped out when I realized I was looking at secondary market prices. Much as I'd love to see the show - as would the rest of the family - the figure of £800+ that it came up with for four seats that weren't even together was too much for me.
 Concert Tickets - Haywain
"That said, I looked at the ticket site for Jeff Lynne's shows......"

If you're a fan of Jeff Lynne/ELO, then you could do worse than go and see 'The ELO Experience'. I tend to be a bit sniffy about tribute bands, but this lot are seriously good - I saw them when they came to town last year, and I plan to see them when they come again in April.
 Concert Tickets - Duncan
>> Duncan I think I've mentioned before......just how we choose to spend our hard earned money
>> (not benefits) is entirely up to us.

I know you have.

I have pointed out to you on a previous occasion that this is an internet discussion forum. If you post on here you are inviting people to comment upon your opinions and decisions. That was what I did. If you don't like it, then don't tell us what you think and do.

I said 'why do you give this money to these ... er, people'. I didn't make it clear to whom I was referring - the musicians? The concert promoters? The people who bought the tickets in the first place? The secondary sellers? If you think it's a lot of money, then don't buy the tickets!

My passion is rugby. Posters on rugby forums complain about the price of tickets, shirts and the cost of food and drink at grounds. I seem to stun them into silence by telling them that if they think it is too much money - then don't pay the prices!

Concert Tickets - Pat
...and I agree with you.

I didn't complain about the cost, just about my choosing to spend my money in any way I choose being questioned when all I had asked for was advice on what to do next.

That is a valid use of this forum too.

Making memories can never have a value put on it and I often look on here and wonder why people spend so much money on holidays abroad, posh cars, the list goes on....but I never criticise because it's their choice and their money and whatever makes anyone happy is truly priceless.

I've spent much of my life struggling to pay the bills and it's only through sheer hard work, which I still do at 69 years old, that I can afford to finally spend a little on pure pleasure.

I refuse to justify that, I've earned the right to enjoy things while I can whatever form that enjoyment may take.

Pat
 Concert Tickets - CGNorwich
The only "guarantee" they appear to give is a refund of the ticket purchase price. I would very much doubt that they could be held responsible for any consequential loss such as hotel cancellation. They give no promise as to when the tickets will arrive

I guess you just have to take a punt one way or the other if the tickets haven't arrived within 24 hours.

Best of luck.
 Concert Tickets - movilogo
I never heard of Seatwave before! So effectively it is same as buying stuff from Ebay.

Can you not claim money back similar to Ebay/Paypal buyer's protection?

Concert Tickets - Pat
What I have in mind is a deadline of 2.30pm tomorrow when I would cancel the hotel, so all I would be looking for is a refund of the £609 ticket fee from Seatwave.

But what would happen if the tickets turn up in the evening tomorrow and I refuse to sign for them?

Or they email asking us to collect them at the venue, after I have cancelled the hotel.

I paid on a credit card and think I might be able to get them involved but it was paid off on my August statement, does that make any difference?

This was our treat instead of buying each other Christmas presents this year as we're going to be in the caravan.

Pat
 Concert Tickets - Zero
>> What I have in mind is a deadline of 2.30pm tomorrow when I would cancel
>> the hotel, so all I would be looking for is a refund of the £609
>> ticket fee from Seatwave.

The hotel has nothing to do with seat wave, this is your choice your transaction, Seat wave are in no way involved.

>> But what would happen if the tickets turn up in the evening tomorrow and I
>> refuse to sign for them?

you would be in breach of contract, the tickets were delivered you didn't accept them, your loss.

>> Or they email asking us to collect them at the venue, after I have cancelled
>> the hotel.

The hotel has nothing to do with the transaction with heatwave, if the tickets are available at the box office for collection and they can prove they were its your loss.

>> I paid on a credit card and think I might be able to get them
>> involved but it was paid off on my August statement, does that make any difference?

Only if Seatwave fail to supply tickets (as opposed to you refusing to accept them) will you get your money back. Doesn't matter when you paid off the bill.

You can't lump the hotel into any of this. Its nothing to do with Seatwave.
I would agree with Zero on all of those points.

If the tickets turn up and you have cancelled your hotel that's down to you.
if they don't turn up all they owe you is the tickets price.

Concert Tickets - Alanovich
Even if the tickets don't turn up at your house and they advise you to go to the venue to collect, then go to the venue.

Even if, by some unlikely disaster, you still don't get your tickets, then you can claim the refund. Then head in to town for a nice meal and a night at your Hotel - maybe even try to find tickets for something else (try a website/app call 'Twickets' - this is a site where you can buy directly from sellers and you get their phone number to arrange hand over of tickets - worked for me brilliantly during the Rugby World Cup).

Have a good evening whatever happens.
Last edited by: Alanović on Thu 10 Dec 15 at 10:12
 Concert Tickets - Pat
>>You can't lump the hotel into any of this. Its nothing to do with Seatwave<<

I'm fully aware of that, but was trying to clarify things for CG!

Good suggestions Alanovic but we're meeting family for a meal at lunchtime on the way to Birmingham so I think we may be full;)

Pat
I've just looked on Twickets. There are some tickets for your gig available at £52 each. If you don't get the ones from Seatwave, you will get your money back, so how about buying these from Twickets at the last minute as a back up option if the worst happens? You won't get the hospitality but you will get to the gig and the hotel booking won't be wasted.

When I've bought on Twickets it's usually from people with spare tickets who arrange to meet you at the venue. They are all sold for face value or less. You can buy them on the app on your smartphone outside the venue in case the Seatwave ones do fail to materialise, the seller will be notified immediately and you then speak to eachother on the phone to arrange a handover.
Last edited by: Alanović on Thu 10 Dec 15 at 10:34
 Concert Tickets - Pat
Thanks Alanovic, I hadn't heard of that and it seems to be the best solution at the moment.

I've managed to find them on Facebook and have a customer service person on there 'looking into' it at the moment.

Pat
No worries, Pat. The only way my cunning plan could blow up is if someone else buys those tickets on Twickets, of course. But there's always a good chance some others might pop up too. And there are always the wretched touts outside the venue too. Where there's a will......

Hopefully Seatwave come through for you.
Last edited by: Alanović on Thu 10 Dec 15 at 12:52
 Concert Tickets - VxFan
Pat >> The tickets including their fees amount to £609

Alanović >> I've just looked on Twickets. There are some tickets for your gig available at £52 each.

Ye gods! That's one hell of a difference.
Pat's original tickets include hospitality - which I presume means back stage passes etc.

We're not worthy, we're not worthy, we're not worthy etc etc

;-)
 Concert Tickets - smokie
When I was working in Canary Wharf the Stones did a gig at the O2 (a couple of years ago). On impulse I went along to see what a tout would charge for what was an already-overpriced ticket, but there were no touts to be seen. I assumed they'd been put out of business.
 Concert Tickets - Zero
>> When I was working in Canary Wharf the Stones did a gig at the O2
>> (a couple of years ago). On impulse I went along to see what a tout
>> would charge for what was an already-overpriced ticket, but there were no touts to be
>> seen. I assumed they'd been put out of business.

You wont find touts outside the O2, its heavily policed by plain clothes O2 security,
 Concert Tickets - Pat
Yes they were hospitality and included free drinks and a meal as well.

They also made sure I would be able to see over the tall ones and the ones who insist on holding a 10'' tablet above their heads for the whole concert.

I'm hoping Seatwave will confirm I'm not getting them before those tickets go Alanovic!

Pat
 Concert Tickets - rtj70
I hope you get the tickets you intended in good time. You've been looking forward to this.

But the business model sounds iffy to me if you've already paid for the tickets. Because Seatwave have your money (and that of others) but haven't actually got the tickets nor paid for them. So this money is sat in their account.... Hmm.
 Concert Tickets - Zero

>> But the business model sounds iffy to me if you've already paid for the tickets.
>> Because Seatwave have your money (and that of others) but haven't actually got the tickets
>> nor paid for them. So this money is sat in their account.... Hmm.

A common enough business model.
 Concert Tickets Section 75 protection - sherlock47
>> But the business model sounds iffy to me if you've already paid for the tickets.
>> Because Seatwave have your money (and that of others) but haven't actually got the tickets
>> nor paid for them. So this money is sat in their account.... Hmm.

I suspect that you have no section 75 protection from your Credit card operator. See the extract taken from money supermarket

What's not covered by Section 75?

Goods/services bought through intermediaries - travel agent, group-buying sites, Paypal etc

You're unlikely to be covered when payments are made to a company that isn't the one providing you with the product or service. In these cases, the credit card company usually says it didn't have a direct relationship with the supplier, so isn't equally liable.

If you stand your ground, it's possible to argue that the indirect relationship constitutes an arrangement to pay. The Court of Appeal decided this was acceptable in 2006, but it's unlikely to be an easy task.

The first main area is paying via an online processor such as PayPal, WorldPay or Google Wallet. Though these can have their own refund systems, they aren't as strong as the legal protection of Section 75.

There have also been recent cases where people buying goods on Amazon through 'Marketplace' suppliers have been turned down for Section 75 claims by credit card companies. Some opinion says these SHOULD be covered, but it may be a fight to make it happen.
Last edited by: sherlock47 on Thu 10 Dec 15 at 15:18
 Concert Tickets - Pat
Thanks rtj, yes we have been looking forward to it for ages.

I know some see it as a total waste of money but we both love music and concerts. We're both in the fortunate position of not wanting anything for Christmas because we have pretty much all we need, and we both know my arthritis won't allow me to enjoy the experience for much longer (hence the hospitality package and hotel).

The good news is I have just had a message from Seatwave on Facebook to say the tickets have been despatched and including a RM tracking number:)

I have no doubt that without the whole thing being posted publicly on Facebook, the result would have been very different!

Thanks for all your help, specially Alanovic, I will certainly use that website/app (I don't do apps, but Ian does!) in the future.

Pat
Brilliant, have a great night. I haven't seen Whitesnake since New Year's Eve, 1987, at Wembley arena.

My Yuletide gig is next Saturday, Shed Seven at the Roundhouse in London. Can't wait.
 Concert Tickets - Pat
Just for Alanovic.....'Here I go Again'

Bet I've lost my voice on Sunday!!

Pat
 Concert Tickets - Pat
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UIB9Y4OFPs

Play it to 56seconds and listen to that beat of the drums from a drummer with only one arm.

I used to wind down with this playing full blast in the lorry when I managed to get parked up on my own and that one beat used to totally knock out the Scania speakers.

Can't wait to hear it live!

Pat
 Concert Tickets - VxFan
This is one I'll always remember when I saw Bon Jovi in concert back in 1989 at Milton Keynes Bowl (Donnington had been cancelled that year).

Big vid screen shows them arriving by helicopter while the long intro is playing. Then the dash to the stage, timing it just right to start singing "If you're ready...."

youtu.be/jIirWaMMHhY

I can't remember that Mercedes van though.
 Concert Tickets - RattleandSmoke
No help in your situation but I have found a way to beat the touts is to leave it to the last the minute.

I managed to get a New Order ticket below face value for a sold out gig for last Sunday. I paid £60 for the two tickets, and sold the other for £30 .

It was a big risk but I bought it from a fan Facebook group. The people on such forums tend to be quite genuine but it is a risk.

I personally think there needs to be a law new passed to make it illegal to sell tickets above the face value plus a small booking fee. Too many people are getting conned and two many big companies are running tout scams.

I want to go to and see the Cure next year but it looks like the touts have ruined that for me, so I will wait till the last minute again.

One think I love about punk rock is that gigs rarely sell out and if they do they never worth much on the black market.
Last edited by: RattleandSmoke on Thu 10 Dec 15 at 21:55
 Concert Tickets - Pat
Ah yes VX, when both Ricky Sambora and Jon Bon Jovi still had hair!

Pat
 Concert Tickets - Pat
Well, they arrived this morning and that's the end of the good news.

When I looked at them there was two Freestyle hospitality passes and two tickets for ....the back row in the upper tier opposite the stage.

Those seats and that hospitality level wasn't what I'd ordered and paid for in July and as much as I wanted to go tomorrow I cannot accept being conned like this.

After many phone calls and photo's of the tickets being sent to Seatwave they have finally agreed to refund £609 on the basis that they can't supply what I ordered.

I've cancelled the hotel and I'm gutted, but this was supposed to be a special treat and I know we probably have still gone with Alanovic's suggestion of tickets which I appreciate, but when I checked the position of those they were only slightly better.

Yes, I know I may well be cutting off my nose to spite my face but at least I stick by my principles and the more that allow firms like this to get away with conning people, the more they will continue to do it.

Pat
 Concert Tickets - rtj70
Sorry to hear the bad news. But they clearly didn't deliver on what you must have been expecting for the money paid. What rip off merchants. I'm unclear what the problem with the hospitality passes were - the name matches what you said in the original post.

I still can't quite fathom how this company could sell/promise tickets they were not guaranteed of getting. They'd only have what you'd paid for if someone else sold them to this company.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Fri 11 Dec 15 at 15:32
 Concert Tickets - rtj70
There are currently four seats in block 3 row 65 for £45 each plus admin/fulfilment fees. £105.21 is the total.

www.theticketfactory.com/default/online

This is the official 'NEC' booking office.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Fri 11 Dec 15 at 15:39
 Concert Tickets - Manatee
Yes I'm wondering how successful they are at accurate matching, given there are so many spivvy people stagging tickets by any means available. For Pat to select and pay for them in July, they must have been offered long before the tickets were sent out. Does Seatwave just trust the sellers? Do they validate the descriptions to weed out the ambiguous and vague? Withhold money until the tickets are satisfactorily delivered?

Are the tickets sent direct from vendor to buyer? The more calculating spivs who have been economical with the truth may well wait until the last minute knowing that many buyers with limited options will just lump it. Well done Pat for sticking it back to them, I hope it is the dodgy vendor who takes the hit not Seatwave (and indirectly Seatwave's genuine buyers and sellers)
 Concert Tickets - neiltoo
Seatwave reviews:

www.reviewcentre.com/reviews165542.html

Headline is four star, but just go down the list......

8o(
 Concert Tickets - Pat
What is odd is that they want the tickets returned to them by post special delivery today.

OK, I can live with that, but I was told on the phone they would email me the address to send them to within 30 minutes....at 2pm and I'm still waiting for it.

I suspect they will come up with an address of another unsuspecting punter desperate to see the gig.

Pat
 Concert Tickets - VxFan
>> Yes, I know I may well be cutting off my nose to spite my face

Not at all. Well done for sticking to your guns.
Yes, exactly, although I feel your disappointment. What a shabby, parasitic way to do business.
 Concert Tickets - Pat
I'm going to comfort eat all weekend and get very, very fat and to go with it I shall raid the wine rack and open all the bottles of Brouilly I have.

Pat
 Concert Tickets - Pat
I was right, I've just had this email.

>>Dear Pat,

As discussed earlier, please find the address where to sen dthe tickets back with Royal Mail Soecial Delivery guaranteed for tomorrow pre 1pm:

Harry **** – Seatwave Order *****
6B **** Street
GODALMING
GU* ***

Please write this address on the envelope and let us know after you have sent the tracking number and we will refind you the postage,

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Donika <<

Pedants note, it was copied and pasted!

Pat
Last edited by: smokie on Fri 11 Dec 15 at 16:12
 Concert Tickets - Runfer D'Hills
Yeah, Surrey y'see Pat. Dodgy place and dodgy geezers round there.
 Concert Tickets - Pat
Could that be Z's real name!

Pat
 Concert Tickets - Zero
rogger, i can't even say now that surreyites have better taste, not with that evidence
 Concert Tickets - Runfer D'Hills
It's ok, I think we knew anyway...

;-)
Does this thread now display the address of someone in Surrey and the date and time when he'll be in Birmingham all evening? Might be good to suppress some of that.
 Concert Tickets - smokie
Thanks for spotting WdB, cleaned up.
 Concert Tickets - Pat
Sorry:( didn't think about that!

Pat
His surname is still in Pat's post below. A resourceful Surrey scumbag could link that to an address with the electoral register.

not any more. Just removed it.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 11 Dec 15 at 16:52
Thinking about this, regardless of what we publish here, it's poor form for Seatwave to be passing personal information about one customer to another one, especially since it comes with the implicit tip-off that the second punter's house is likely to be empty on the night of the event.

Pat: I suggest you refer this to Trading Standards. And stay in tomorrow night; after all, who else might have been given your address as you were given the other customer's?
 Concert Tickets - Pat
How would I go about that w de B? I'm quite happy to do it but I'm sick og Googling this week!

We will be at home, we're still going for lunch with family which was planned for the journey over there at www.queensheadsaddington.co.uk but will be back home tomorrow evening.

Pat

Last edited by: Pat on Fri 11 Dec 15 at 17:25
I had a look at Seatwave's Privacy Policy and its User Agreement. Paragraph 4.8 suggests that Harry in Godalming is, in fact, your seller, not the next buyer; and that he'll be paying a £20 admin charge to Seatwave for sending the wrong tickets; and that he's presumably run out of time to find another buyer before the concert. Hard luck, Harry.

He's also required to destroy any record he has of your address - which is impossible to enforce. But at least it suggests it's not a complete free-for-all, and that you've - consciously or otherwise - signed up to a user agreement under which Seatwave acts as no more than an information exchange and takes no part in the handling of the actual tickets. But it's also clear from the agreement that the buyer's address is routinely given to the seller, who then has a fair idea when that address might be unoccupied.

Having read this, I'm less sure that Trading Standards will be interested but it might be worth a call all the same. I expect many buyers are as surprised as you by the peer-to-peer nature of the arrangement, and there's certainly the potential for abuse. Your county council website is the place to start if you want to.
 Concert Tickets - Pat
So Harry will be in Goldalming tomorrow morning waiting for his tickets for which he has paid the same as I did, and will get them some time before 1 pm and then have to get to Birmingham and enjoy the concert.......too late to complain about the seats.

What a load of shysters they are.

Pat
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 11 Dec 15 at 16:51
 Concert Tickets - Focusless
>> ... waiting for his tickets for which he has paid the same as I did

Not necessarily?
 Concert Tickets - smokie
Pat - did you see rjt's post above which said

"There are currently four seats in block 3 row 65 for £45 each plus admin/fulfilment fees. £105.21 is the total.

www.theticketfactory.com/default/online

This is the official 'NEC' booking office.
 Concert Tickets - Pat
Thanks smokie and rtj, yes I did but I had to cancel the hotel before 2.30 and make the decision one way or another by then.

I've spent the last two or three days emailing, on the phone and generally tearing my hair out and to be honest, it's taken the shine off going now.

Pat
 Concert Tickets - spamcan61
>>
>> I've spent the last two or three days emailing, on the phone and generally tearing
>> my hair out and to be honest, it's taken the shine off going now.
>>
>> Pat
>>
Sounds like you've done the right thing, too many negative vibes to enjoy it now.
 Concert Tickets - Manatee
When I look at say Amazon reviews the first thing is to see roughly what percentage are one star. 20% or so, which is what Seatwave's reviews are, will have me reading them to see what sort of reasons account for that. Having a quick look, it seems to be late or non-delivery of tickets and arguments about refunds - enough to put me off, even allowing that I have no way of knowing what percentage of actual customers the 20% represents.

One said "I will use Ticketmaster in future". Seatwave is "a Ticketmaster company". It looks like a touts' distribution channel to me.
 Concert Tickets - Armel Coussine
It's a great pity that you are having such hassles over an attempt to give yr other half a special treat.

No doubt you will both rise above it deploying robust practicality.

Personally I think you should go to the concert. If you like the music, why deprive yourselves?
 Concert Tickets - Harleyman

>> One said "I will use Ticketmaster in future". Seatwave is "a Ticketmaster company". It looks
>> like a touts' distribution channel to me.
>>

I get the distinct impression that pretty much all of them are. I was another who was very keen to see the forthcoming ELO tour, but at the prices being charged they can stuff it.

Concert Tickets - Duncan
>>
>> >> One said "I will use Ticketmaster in future". Seatwave is "a Ticketmaster company". It
>> looks
>> >> like a touts' distribution channel to me.
>> >>
>>
>> I get the distinct impression that pretty much all of them are. I was another
>> who was very keen to see the forthcoming ELO tour, but at the prices being
>> charged they can stuff it.

It seems to me that the whole business is smelly.

I have mentioned that my interest is rugby.

During the recent Rugby World Cup, tickets were being resold by a number of companies at above face value. World Rugby - the controlling body for the RWC disapproved of tickets being resold outside its own structure, but used the reselling organisations - Seatwave, Stubhub, Getmein etc for other activities.
 Concert Tickets - Harleyman

>>
>> It seems to me that the whole business is smelly.
>>

I'm minded to agree, and double standards everywhere.

Whilst I accept that market forces will prevail, and concerts etc. are very expensive to organise, nevertheless many people are being priced out of the market.
 Concert Tickets - Zero

>> It seems to me that the whole business is smelly.

I object to a "booking fee" or "admin fee"

Take a concert at the O2 for example. The only way (without going there) to get tickets is on the web with a debit or credit card. And you stuffed with an extra fee. Its a con, a deliberate price hike on the published price.
Much the same with cinema tickets. You book online effectively doing their administration for them and avoiding the need for them employing booking office staff and they charge you an admin fee!

Concert Tickets - Bromptonaut
>> Much the same with cinema tickets. You book online effectively doing their administration for them
>> and avoiding the need for them employing booking office staff and they charge you an
>> admin fee!

Same with some train booking engines. You do all the research and pay on line, collecting the ticket from a machine on the station. You're then charged a fee over/above that paid by people who have the booking clerk do the legwork for them.
 Booking fees - Crankcase
There's booking fees everywhere - at least the local theatre is open about what they are for. They say, in what sounds like a right load of old hypothecation:

"Booking Fee

Our mission is to inspire and nurture a lifelong love of the performing arts and we are committed to continuing the work we do as an independent theatrical charity. We operate without any public subsidy; costs from rent to repairs continue their inexorable rise and we are determined to hold down our ticket prices as much as we can.

We charge a £3 per-ticket booking fee that is included in the advertised ticket price as a necessary way of raising vital additional funds. The booking fee is essential direct income for the Theatre; as ticket revenue is divided between many different parties, an increase in ticket prices would not necessarily benefit the Theatre. By charging a booking fee we can ensure that every penny goes directly to the Theatre to help us protect its growth and longevity."

Booking fees - smokie
It doesn't seem so unreasonable when you put it like that...
 Booking fees - Zero
Yes it does, where does it stop?

Waitrose Stratement

"We have added a purchasing fee in top of the price of the eggs, to offset the expense of paying staff"
 Concert Tickets - Duncan
>> Well, they arrived this morning and that's the end of the good news.

Seatwave seem to be a secondary seller. Can't you buy tickets when they first go on sale? Presumably they aren't sold for £609 to the first buyer?

Or is that a daft question?
 Concert Tickets - spamcan61
>> Seatwave seem to be a secondary seller. Can't you buy tickets when they first go
>> on sale? Presumably they aren't sold for £609 to the first buyer?
>>
Depends how many hours you're prepared to spend in front of the PC on the ticket office website hitting the 'refresh' button.!
 Concert Tickets - rtj70
Makes one wonder if there is a gap in the market for an app or web service to snap up tickets when they are first on sale.
 Concert Tickets - Duncan

>> Depends how many hours you're prepared to spend in front of the PC on the
>> ticket office website hitting the 'refresh' button.!

Well, presumably somebody must do. How do the primary buyers - if I can call them that - manage it?
 Concert Tickets - smokie
With time on their hands and luck on their side.

Once in a while I've been tasked with going onto some website at the time the tickets go on sale to get tickets. For the Big Names you likely won't get connected right away so you just have to keep trying until you do, or you give up cos it "must be sold out by now".
 Concert Tickets - Haywain
Sorry to hear about all your disappointment and trouble over these tickets, Pat. I must admit, being a suspicious git, I've never dared to buy tickets from anywhere other than the venue's box office - and having read about your experiences, I'll continue to steer clear of any sort of agencies.

Forget it, have a drink - and put it down to experience.
 Concert Tickets - R.P.
I was disappointed for you Pat. Bunch if shysters. Hope today is a good one.
 Concert Tickets - Pat
Thanks RP, as it happens yesterday was a lovely day.

The family lunch was more relaxed as we had the time to comfort eat and explore the wine list fully:)

It came to light that they had the same Block 9 seats in the upper tier for The Eagles earlier this year and both confirmed that I would not have managed all those steps to get up there and that it was the furthest point from the hospitality area too (which is where the seats should have been).

If we had gone and accepted those seats it would have been far more difficult to claim any refund afterwards, so we did the right thing.

I do normally sit on the PC on the first day of tickets going on sale and buy directly but we were away in Cornwall this time and was the reason for using a ticket re-seller as it was already sold out, but in future if that happens it will be Twickets for us, which is already installed on Ian's phone.

Pat
So sorry it went wrong for you Pat. What a shabby company.
 Concert Tickets - Duncan
Glad you had a good day Pat, after all the to-ing and fro-ing.
 Concert Tickets - Pat
At least I've had an email from them today saying that the refund has been 'processed' but I'll breathe easier once I see it back in my account.

Thanks for the nice wishes all!

Pat
 Secondary ticket pricing - smokie
I see the queen is supporting your cause Pat.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35091230
Last edited by: smokie on Wed 16 Dec 15 at 07:54
 Secondary ticket pricing - Pat
Yes he is, perhaps more should do as well.

On the good side I have just checked my account and a full refund plus the £10.95 for posting the tickets to Godalming for delivery before 1pm next day has arrived this morning:)

....and breathe again!

Pat
 Secondary ticket pricing - Duncan
>> Yes he is, perhaps more should do as well.

I am glad to see that Elton John is following my lead.

Latest Forum Posts