Non-motoring > Tenerife anyone? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 16

Tenerife anyone? - legacylad
I've had enough of our miserable wet weather. At least my hip has. So last night after a few beers I booked a cheap flight to Tenerife departing early next week. Researched T/A for hotels and booked one direct in Costa Adeje for 12 nights. I've never been to Tenerife, and just hope the lower humidity alleviates my hip pain....and some blue sky won't go amiss.
Are there any recommendations for anything I should see or do, apart from lots of swimming, reading, and sipping funny beer?
Thanks for suggestions...
 Tenerife anyone? - Pat
>>and just hope the lower humidity alleviates my hip pain<<

I'm glad it's not just me who knows this is weather related despite people saying it isn't.

I envy you going where it's warmer!

Pat
My hip is a barometer for humidity levels. I'm still relatively young and active, but high humidity really increases the pain and I end up limping badly some days. Heat & cold have no effect...I can ski for a week without much pain in a mountain environment, and this summer I did some serious long distance backpacking in areas of the world with 20/25% humidity and never had a twinge. At the moment though it's just a PITA, although I'm grateful for small mercies and not complaining.
 Tenerife anyone? - Zero

>> Are there any recommendations for anything I should see or do, apart from lots of
>> swimming, reading, and sipping funny beer?
>> Thanks for suggestions...

I would recommend you don't do any swimming. Too cold there at this time of year for that!
 Tenerife anyone? - Dog
I did suggest some 'stuff' to yoos on a previous fred when you were asking about Tenerife.

I check out the wev every dia in Los Cris because it makes me feel ever-so slightly warmer, and a damn sight happier.

Click bottom RH icon of image to enlarge:

www.canarylive24.com/#!webcam-live-playa-las-vistas/cije
Thanks Dog. Many apologies but I had completely forgotten about your reply. I shall try and retrieve it.
Since deciding to take a year out, beginning end of May, my feet have hardly touched the ground and I cannot remember asking about Tenerife! What with two big trips to the western States, weekends away, day trips boozing with friends and an upcoming extended period just outside Benidorm it's all a bit hazy. Probably even more so when I return from Beni in March.
But thanks again
 Tenerife anyone? - Dog
>>But thanks again

You're welcome. I can't for the life of me remember what thread it was on at the time. Perhaps someone else can help with that. Tenerife isn't the prettiest of islands, but it does (usually) have sun and a temp of around 23° at this time of year, plus the fact it's an inexpensive winter sun destination ... what's not to like :)
 Tenerife anyone? - helicopter
whats not to like:-):-......

Banana liquer thats what......

So, not much chance of Sierra Nevada then? Or Dos Equis ? Needs must in these times.
 Tenerife anyone? - RattleandSmoke
I actually don't mind this weather, because I can just look forward to going to Spain again in June and this time I have a free Eurostar ticket to Lyon. So a couple of nights in France drinking and eating some of the best beers and food in the world, then onto Spain for some cheap beer and sun.

I can't remember what sunshine looks like, because I last saw in Nice in September than partially in Spain but since then all we have had is clouds. It is actually warmer in Manchester now though than a lot of Spain so I am not complaining too much!
 Tenerife anyone? - Harleyman
>> I actually don't mind this weather,
>>
>> I can't remember what sunshine looks like,

You live in Manchester FFS. If you're not used to it nobody is! ;-)
 Tenerife anyone? - Dog
www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/hotels/12051120/Top-10-the-best-beach-hotels-in-the-Canary-Islands.html
 Tenerife anyone? - Dog
www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destination/spain/tenerife/122448/Tenerife-travel-guide.html
 Tenerife anyone? - Dog
People are dying to visit this beauty spot:

www.islandconnections.eu/1000003/1000043/0/47043/daily-news-article.html

"It is not the same thing to hike in the ravine as to go for a walk along a promenade" said Valbuena".

No ****
Last edited by: smokie on Sat 6 Feb 16 at 09:59
 Tenerife anyone? - devonite
Used to go to that area quite often when I was Wealthier! - nice area, seems to be on three levels, the "Alto" area is the upper level and is mainly hotels and the waterparks, middle level is the island main drag - all your amenities seem to be on that level, Restaurants/supermarkets etc , and that was our base level, we have stayed at both the Tinerfe Gardens complex, perfect if you are s/c and just need a base, and the Hotel Los Gigantes, which has an excellent Irish bar attached (The Irish Rover). Then it's quite a long,steep hill down to the sea-front areas where there are some nice restaurants, tourist attractions etc. All in all tis a fab place and you'll probably really enjoy it. If you decide to do sight-seeing trips, I can recommend the Lorro-Park, and Tiede trips, you can book them at the kiosk in front of the Tinerfe Gardens complex.
Wish I were going again!!
 Tenerife anyone? - devonite
Edit: this is the San Eugenio area of Costa Adeje, - what part are you in?
 Tenerife anyone? - Dog
>>Wish I were going again!!

I'm with ^this Giza!!
Latest Forum Posts