Non-motoring > Heating oil fluctuations Green Issues
Thread Author: MD Replies: 20

Heating oil fluctuations - MD
Is there a site that would/does show Oil prices by the day so that I can monitor a trend? I've not had much luck thus far.
 Heating oil fluctuations - Crankcase
Boilerjuice does a daily chart, Martin. This absolute second the site is down for maintenance, but they live here:

www.boilerjuice.com/
 Heating oil fluctuations - sooty123
We used to use chandlers oil, not sure if there is one in your area.
I'm really happy with our supplier, but everytime I need a refill I phone around the others first and waste their time just to ensure my guy is not taking TP. I want to monitor a trend not daily prices. FWIW I think oil is going to go up soon. I normally buy heating oil when I can get more than 900 lts in, thereby getting a finer rate. However I may dip in early if the £oil is rising.

Boiler juice in my experience is a joke price wise.
 Heating oil fluctuations - Manatee
Any use?

www.cheapestoil.co.uk/articles/trend

Superb Manatee thank you.
 Heating oil fluctuations - R.P.
We were lucky this summer, piggy backed a top up when a neighbour was having a big fill. Result got the same deal as him.
 Heating oil fluctuations - Dog
Here's another one: www.fueltool.co.uk/

I usually use a Cornwall-based oil buying club, but recently got a quote for 500 ltrs from Boilerjuice which was an excellent price so I went for it and would use them again. Heating oil is sooooo cheap at the moment I actually know of peeps that have bought a 2nd (used) oil tank to take advantage of the low price.
 Heating oil fluctuations - smokie
I read somewhere earlier that the oil price will remain depressed, going down some more from where it is. Probably some financial website, don't trust 'em.
All this carp around Syria etc. etc. 'may' have some bearing on a rise. I also think Putin will stir the Hornet's nest as he absolutely needs prices to head upwards.
 Heating oil fluctuations - Falkirk Bairn
Some deliveries are more costly than others - the bill £600,000 after 500 litre delivery goes wrong. Property damage as 500 litres put in wrong tank

It's going to court as house owner sues fuel delivery company

tinyurl.com/q2b43pz
 Heating oil fluctuations - R.P.
There was talk of a deal between Saudi and Putin to dump Assad in exchange of a price hike in Crude.
>>Heating oil is sooooo cheap at the moment I actually know of peeps that have bought a 2nd (used) oil tank to take advantage of the low price.

They're giving the stuff away now Dog = 27ppl from Boiler Juice.
 Heating oil fluctuations - Harleyman
Heating oil is sooooo cheap at the moment I actually know of
>> peeps that have bought a 2nd (used) oil tank to take advantage of the low
>> price.
>>

When my old steel tank had to be replaced I opted for a much larger one, 2500 litre capacity. Over the ten years I've had it, it's probably paid for itself several times over as a result of having the capacity to bung a thousand litres in when the price is low.

I'm sorely tempted by the idea of a second tank Dog but I'm also aware that it's twice as much to risk getting pinched.
>>I'm sorely tempted by the idea of a second tank Dog but I'm also aware that it's twice as much to risk getting pinched.

Yep, it goes on down here too HM.
My 1400 ltr tank is easily accessible from the lane, but I've only got 500 ltrs in it as I rely more on my multifuel stove for the heating, although with heating oil prices that low it's rather tempting to fire up the ole Grant boiler.
I've just pitched in at 28 pence (at the under 500 lt. Rate)
Didn't have any need for heating in Los Cristianos, or air con in summer.

Just saying :)
Well DON'T. Just saying. :-0)
 Heating oil fluctuations - Harleyman
>> I've just pitched in at 28 pence (at the under 500 lt. Rate)
>>

I've noticed on Boilerjuice that the premium which used to be charged for deliveries of less than 900 litres seems to have gone. Good to see market forces acting in the end user's favour for once.
Given the transport costs I don't blame them.
 Heating oil fluctuations - Crankcase
Need some heating oil, so gave Boiler Juice a chance last week. 33p. Rang my usual local, and they are 31p so they got the business.

Then I had an automated mail from Boiler Juice asking why I didn't buy from them. That led to a page with a drop down that included "too expensive". Thought I'd help them out, so chose that.

Next thing I know I got a very sniffy personal mail back saying they couldn't always be cheaper, you know, and implied it was blinking cheek telling them they were too dear.

Hmm. Even less likely I'll use them next time.
Latest Forum Posts