Non-motoring > Great British Bake Off Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 10

Great British Bake Off - Pat
I've just had a phone call from Love Productions who make the Great British Bake Off.

They are looking for people to feature in the 2016 series and have asked me to put forward any names!

If I could post a Word doc or PDF I would because it occurred to me there are some very competitive and competent 'bakers' on here, and I'm sure you could do better than lorry drivers!

Could it be time to put your money where your mouth is:)

Pat
 Great British Bake Off - Dog
Here's the best Baker I know of: www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3yDealMJt4
 Great British Bake Off - legacylad
And Hilda Baker.
I recall my parents laughing at a TV show she featured in
 Great British Bake Off - Clk Sec
>> Here's the best Baker

Nice one, Dawg.
 Great British Bake Off - WillDeBeest
I'm intrigued, partly because, although I'm nowhere near skilled enough to be a contestant (although I do make brilliant doughnuts) I would be fascinated to know how much coaching the contestants get to bring them up to the near-professional standard we see on the show.

Meanwhile, I'm imagining a production company meeting at which they look at the applications so far and worry that they haven't got enough 'all walks of life' boxes ticked: too many jolly Yorkshire grandmothers and not enough lighthouse keepers or ballerinas. So someone brings out a list of colourful trades and their representative bodies, and sets the various unpaid interns off to contact them all and see what they have in their patisserie department.

Or perhaps your kitchen and lorry-driving tales are an elaborate smokescreen and you're really the head pastry chef at the Savoy.
 Great British Bake Off - CGNorwich
I'm a Master Chef man myself. First fondant potato and heritage carrot of the season last night.
 Great British Bake Off - Pat
Your first assumption was spot on WdeB, they always fall back on lorry drivers when they fall short of the 'vocal, tubby, happy working man'!

Pastry??? I gave up on that when the Haynes manual said 'add a little water'

I ask you what is a little, I'm used to measuring bearings with a mike and bores with verniers.

Jusrol does the trick:)

Pat
Leave poor old mike out of it...
 Great British Bake Off - Zero
I'm a pretty good baker, various breads and rolls, crumpets, scones, cakes and of course always room for a tart. I am however no-where near GBBO standard, tho I guess a contestant stuffing his rolling pin sideways up Paul Hollywoods ass and fixing it in place with a dough hook, might make for fascinating and compulsive TV viewing.
 Great British Bake Off - WillDeBeest
...I'm used to ... measuring bores with verniers.

Bet you haven't got one big enough to measure us.
mike's probably got one.
Latest Forum Posts