Non-motoring > The Sun Has Got Its Hat On Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robin O'Reliant Replies: 9

The Sun Has Got Its Hat On - Robin O'Reliant
Great news for those who like a sly glance through the old Current Bun, even though everyone denies it, but the online edition is dropping it's paywall from 1st November and will be free again.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34679817

Not that I'll ever look at it, you understand. Too busy with the Guardian and the Independent.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sun 1 Nov 15 at 03:53
 The Sun Has Got It's Hat On - R.P.
My wife sent me a text the other day asking if I;d seen an article on page 27 of that paper...Heavens...
 The Sun Has Got It's Hat On - Crankcase
Whinge mumble stir.

I know the apostrophe war is lost, but now I'm going to have to look at that title for as long as this thread runs.

And it isn't "it's paywall" either.

Sorry, can't help it. Pet hate.

Burble moan sigh snooze.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Fri 30 Oct 15 at 20:43
 The Sun Has Got It's Hat On - Roger.
+1.
Ach. Just came back to delete what I said but too late. Sorry, way too persnickety and not needed.

The Sun Has Got It's Hat On - R.P.
:-)...!
 The Sun Has Got It's Hat On - WillDeBeest
We could call it a Sun Reader's Apostrophe.

'Current' is wrong too.
 The Sun Has Got It's Hat On - Dog
Grrreat nudes indeed! .. I used to 'flick' through it more often than not, as I do most of the freebies. I even glance at the Guardian occasionally I'll have you know. I should imagine the Telegraph was a tad 'middle class' at one time,
but it's not far removed from the Wail these days IMO.
 The Sun Has Got It's Hat On - Boxsterboy
My brother in law used to work for News International and Mail. We could never work out how Murdoch could justify charging for the Sun website when Mail online is free. The trouble is the Mail has built up a head-way of 'customers'. Not that either site has much 'news' of course!
Well funnily enough, we did a spot of shopping in another town this morning, and the nice lady on the till mumbled what sounded like "freppepper" and before I knew what was what had bundled a copy of The Sun into our basket.

We really must get over our prejudices. Now we are home it sits on the table at present untouched or looked at, and Mrs C has just danced off merrily to the local shop to get a Telegraph. I said that was a waste of money and we already had a free paper. I got no words back, but I did get The Look that all husbands must be familiar with.

I would go and have a look now she's out, but I simply must finish another chapter of The Critique of Pure Reason.

Oh, incidentally, cor blimey, wot a scorcher.
Latest Forum Posts