Non-motoring > Mrs Batman Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 36

Mrs Batman - Armel Coussine
It occurs to me that ministers gave Ms Batmanghelidj 46 million quid because they felt sorry for her. No one who would choose to wear such hideous clashing schmutter could possibly be up to anything, they must have thought.

Almost makes one admire her. And her colourfulness has spread to those responsible, whose faces are turning a glorious range of reds and purples, or so one can't help hoping.

Charisma they call it. Er, tchah!
 Mrs Batman - Bromptonaut
I've just read a blog hi-lighted by our CAB Chief Exec on subject of Kids Company and its relevance to rest of voluntary sector.

blogs.ncvo.org.uk/2015/10/15/why-all-charities-arent-kids-company/

The phrase founder syndrome seems particularly apposite...
 Mrs Batman - Manatee
The bit that caught my ear this morning was that Kids Co., when it was operating in only two London Boroughs, was getting more public money at times than any other comparable charities including national ones such as Barnado's.

In hindsight it all looks a bit fishy, or very foolish.
 Mrs Batman - Harleyman
I suspect that many of us who have followed this sorry saga are quietly hoping that it will all come out as well-intentioned foolishness.

I'm not so sure. It stinks, it stinks rotten and I'm willing to bet that Mrs Batman and a few others end up wearing "prison stripes" before long instead of, as one Telegraph scribe so wonderfully put it, looking like Aladdin's laundry.
 Mrs Batman - Slidingpillar
as one Telegraph scribe so wonderfully put it, looking like Aladdin's laundry.

Nah, I reckon she was standing nearby when a bomb went off in a Caribbean market.
 Mrs Batman - MD
>> Nah, I reckon she was standing nearby when a bomb went off in a Caribbean market.
>>
Good Lord. Glad I didn't say that as I would have been censured for sure. Funny though, right up my street. Good on you. Perhaps this site is at last seeing life for what it is. 😀

Anyway. I've watched this R******* from early on in the sorry saga. I know one shouldn't judge but............... How could this piece be taken as serious from the start. When I first saw the name Batman blah blah I chuckled. That was before I saw the apparition. 46 MILLION quid eh!

I am quite sure that heads will roll. Can't wait.
 Mrs Batman - Bromptonaut
>> I am quite sure that heads will roll. Can't wait.

The £46m of public money was over 15yrs. At peak it was perhaps 20% of (keeping) Kids Company's income. Ms Batman knows her stuff about child psychology but she failed to employ and/or listen to people who knew about money/finance.

See 'Founder's Syndrome' referenced above.
 Mrs Batman - bathtub tom
>> Ms Batman knows her stuff about child psychology

Aren't there question marks about her claimed university attendance and qualifications?
 Mrs Batman - Duncan
>> I'm willing to bet that Mrs Batman and a few others end up wearing "prison stripes" before >>long

I am willing to accept that bet. I am sure that she won't.

Name the stake!
 Mrs Batman - Harleyman

>> I am willing to accept that bet. I am sure that she won't.
>>
>> Name the stake!
>>

You're probably right. If she can convince half the government she'll have no problems convincing a jury, if it ever got to that.
 Mrs Batman - R.P.
Yentob seemed hypnotised by her. What's he for by the way ?? (seeing as "we" are paying for him !)
 Mrs Batman - Roger.
Yentob was there because of his impeccable luvvie connections and to lend respectably.

Was the fact that Batwoman was an ethnic minority person anything to do with her teflon ability to shrug off years of criticism?
 Mrs Batman - Alanovich
Yes, that's right, just like that famous minority ethnic gentleman Mr Tony Blair. He seems to be coated with plenty of teflon allowing him to deflect years of criticism.

You see it in everything, Roger, don't you? You're not right in the head.
 Mrs Batman - Manatee
I think there's something in what Roger says, although I would not pin it to 'ethnicity' or to the idea (not explicit) that people get away with things because it would be 'racist' to challenge them.

Experience suggests I am reasonably good at weighing people up (these things are not objective, and the biggest defect of prescribed and detailed procedures for all sorts of things - procurement is a good example - is this people factor, because in the end people are always dealing with people).

However the value of a subjective judgement about people reduces when their different frame of reference, culture etc. interferes with the radar.

I think I would have had trouble dealing with Batwoman tbh; although on the basis of her waffly, jargon-laden style of communication I hope I would have been sceptical. Hindsight and armchair criticism maybe, I wasn't there. Boil down the stuff I have heard her coming out with and there isn't much there.

I know some will think this is rubbish, but it really isn't. I put a lot of thought into understanding the people I have to deal with in a business context. And culture (not race) really does make a difference.

Not my red face BTW.

Last edited by: Manatee on Fri 30 Oct 15 at 12:53
 Mrs Batman - Alanovich
There's something in what you say, Manatee, but I think we all know Roger's intended meaning was more in line with the characteristics in your first paragraph.

I couldn't give a tuppeny toss who gave out the red face.
 Mrs Batman - Roger.
>> Yes, that's right, just like that famous minority ethnic gentleman Mr Tony Blair. He seems
>> to be coated with plenty of teflon allowing him to deflect years of criticism.
>>
>> You see it in everything, Roger, don't you? You're not right in the head.
>>

.........particularly in Rotherham, where PC induced fear led to far worse.
Last edited by: Roger. on Fri 30 Oct 15 at 13:25
 Mrs Batman - Alanovich
Oh well done. One example means they're all the same.

Ignore the point about Tony Blair if you like. Just spout whatever bile suits your agenda.

How come you're the only one seeing this woman's ethnicity as a factor? Ask yourself that question. Not that you'd care about the answer, you're too far gone. Everything that happens is rooted in a person's ethnicity in your world. What a dreadful world it must be.
 Mrs Batman - Crankcase
At the risk of invoking Godwin, I was taken by the line, at the end of The Eichmann Show, which was on the BBC last year and is now on Netflix.

To paraphrase it slightly:

"Each time we make a judgment based on the shape of a nose, or the tone of skin, we stand at the threshold of that door through which Adolf Eichmann marched".

Mrs Batman - Mapmaker
>> "Each time we make a judgment based on the shape of a nose, or the
>> tone of skin, we stand at the threshold of that door through which Adolf Eichmann
>> marched".

Yes, indeed, they are absolutely correct. But... everything in moderation - else you do end up in Rotherham - and a failure to see that point is just as evil as Eichmann. Worse, even, as it happened in our own country and we should have control of it.

The thing is to be sensible. Polite and kind. But not to be blinded.
Last edited by: Mapmaker on Fri 30 Oct 15 at 14:33
 Mrs Batman - Cliff Pope
I think it's more likely down to being fat, female and flamboyant.
Plus rich and well-connected.

Roger is way behind the times. There is no need for token ethnic minorites, they are now easily represented by talent alone.
 Mrs Batman - Manatee
I admit to wandering off the point.

I don't think her race or nationality were a factor; personal charisma, presence, force of personality or whatever you call it more likely account for her success in extracting ridiculous sums from ministers.

We will probably find out in due time that liberties were taken but nobody was guilty of any wrongdoing (marvellous phrase, invented I think during the expenses scandal).

Here's hoping the various inquiries (by the National Audit Office, The Commons public administration and constitutional affairs committee, the Charity Commission, Scotland Yard and the Commons public accounts committee) cost less in total than the money given to Kids Company.
 Mrs Batman - Roger.
Just to clarify my comments.
I did not infer that her ethnicity was the CAUSE of any faults she may have had : there are good and bad, foolish and duplicitous in every race and strata of society.
I was questioning whether other people's PC induced fear of the 'R' word being used against them was a factor.
 Mrs Batman - Pat
Isn't it a sad sign of the times that we have to spell that out now?

Pat
 Mrs Batman - Cliff Pope
>> Isn't it a sad sign of the times that we have to spell that out
>> now?

Yes indeed. And what's especially sad is that everyone is being worked up into a hyper racially-aware state of mind, monitoring representation in populations all over the place, for fear of being accused of prejudice.
If the ultimate aim is to produce a society where race is of no importance at all, and is not even noticed, then we are moving in exactly the wrong direction.
 Mrs Batman - sooty123

>> I was questioning whether other people's PC induced fear of the 'R' word being used
>> against them was a factor.
>>
>>

In this case i don't think so. More a case of being in the right groups, going to the right parties and knowing what buttons to push.
 Mrs Batman - Zero

>> I was questioning whether other people's PC induced fear of the 'R' word being used
>> against them was a factor.

From anyone who is not a racist thats a fair question. From you its a racially motivated loaded barb.

Mrs Batman - Bromptonaut
>> Was the fact that Batwoman was an ethnic minority person anything to do with her
>> teflon ability to shrug off years of criticism?

What criticism? Part of the issue was that she was lauded by everybody.
 Mrs Batman - Haywain
"Part of the issue was that she was lauded by everybody."

Maybe by you, but not by me; I have an innate suspicion of 'charismatic' people. I never took to Jimmy Savile either - another 'charismatic' person.
 Mrs Batman - Zero
>> "Part of the issue was that she was lauded by everybody."
>>
>> Maybe by you, but not by me; I have an innate suspicion of 'charismatic' people.
>> I never took to Jimmy Savile either - another 'charismatic' person.

I always though saville had the charisma of a slug.
 Mrs Batman - R.P.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-31815992

Much the same with this Organization - it was very trendy to be associated with it by political types and celebs alike. They all went very quiet after the fraud was uncovered.
 Mrs Batman - CGNorwich
Has any fraud been uncovered? A lack of proper financial control but nobody has to my knowledge been accused of fraud
 Mrs Batman - Cliff Pope

>>
>> What criticism? Part of the issue was that she was lauded by everybody.
>>

The criticism is that she was mistakenly lauded by everyone.
 Mrs Batman - Ted

Prison stripes ? Anyone like to have a punt on Mrs Batty becoming Baroness Batman of Tubbytown in the New Honours ?
 Mrs Batman - Haywain
" Baroness Batman of Tubbytown"

Mmm - what do you reckon, Zedd - was that a fattist remark?
 Mrs Batman - Ted

I'm untouchable.....I qualify as being able to make it !
 Mrs Batman - Zero
>> " Baroness Batman of Tubbytown"
>>
>> Mmm - what do you reckon, Zedd - was that a fattist remark?

Probably. Diet would fix it.
 Mrs Batman - Bromptonaut
Report from Public Accounts Committee:

www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201516/cmselect/cmpubacc/504/504.pdf
Latest Forum Posts