Non-motoring > The value of modern mobile telecoms Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 3

The value of modern mobile telecoms - Falkirk Bairn
D-i-L has a bump with her car - a distant neighbour failed to give way from the side road - damage modest but she was upset - calls my son who comes home to sort matters out.

By the time he got home she had driven home and managed to get a puncture (nail) in the 500 yd drive home (Building site near completion). My son could not get the wheel off so drove to a Large Fast Fit Chain - tyres were £110 fitted - as one tyre was a write-off with the nail and the 2 rears were getting near the limit that would be £330.

Son said on the internet E-tyres etc would be a lot less - FAST FIT Supervisor "we do not have web access" and we need proof of £££s available in our area. Out comes the I-phone - £59.70 fitted - This was enough for the Supervisor to alter the till and match the price - £150 off a £330 bill.

Back home the Insurer of the 3rd party was delivering the "free car" - you should take the CDW @ £7.50 for say 7 days = £50.00. No telephones in house as they are brand new and BT say another few weeks. Mobile Call to 3rd party insurer who agree that they will cover the hire car at no additional cost - saved £50.

Bad day Accident, Puncture but thanks to mobile telecoms my son "saved £200+" on rip=off Britain's hire cars and tyre fitters.
 The value of modern mobile telecoms - Dave_
Bad day indeed FB, but some good news in there thankfully.

I shall be eternally thankful for the invention of the mobile phone on Saturday as we are having a family day out at Silverstone, my father and I are approaching from opposite directions at different times and will need to arrange a meet-up once inside the venue. He's not a great adopter of modern technology but has agreed to take his phone and keep it switched on so I can call him when we get there.
Last edited by: Dave_TD {P} on Thu 22 Jul 10 at 00:01
 The value of modern mobile telecoms - sherlock47
>>>He's not a great adopter of modern technology<<<

So make sure that he charges it, has credit, and has all your contact numbers stored!

(Reading glasses as well, so he ead your texts).
 The value of modern mobile telecoms - Zero
Your son has his head screwed on FB.

Value of modern telecoms? Well yesterday I picked up my new Iphone 4. As well as all the bells and whistles it is a thing of sheer beauty.
Latest Forum Posts